PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Hello everyone!
I am a new member from Ohio. I’ve been pipe smoking since about Sept. ‘22.
I‘m mostly a Peterson man but do have a decent estate collection of Danish pipes. Recently I purchased some new Kaywoodies and a Yello-Bole, to try something different and to support the American pipe industry. I smoke English, Va/Per, Burley, and the occasional light aromatic (Plum Cake, Scottish Mixture).
I’ve visited this site many times while searching for answers to my pipe questions. I thought it’s time I join!
Buddy are you in luck as Ohio (especially Columbus) seems to have more pipe shops per capita then most places. Hello from The People's Republic of New York. Check out The NASPC.

Reactions: Historyguy311

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Thanks! I’m going to search out some pipe shops. There’s one in Akron I hear is good—maybe this weekend I’ll drive out. 👍🏻
The Pipe Rack is AMAZING!! I went there last year enroute to the Columbus Show. Please be aware it's two buildings. We almost left before we were told. Great staff as well. If you think about visiting Briar Patch in Canton for pipes don't.. It was legitimately sad to see and not worth the time.

Historyguy311

Lurker
Jan 31, 2023
Northeast Ohio
The Pipe Rack is AMAZING!! I went there last year enroute to the Columbus Show. Please be aware it's two buildings. We almost left before we were told. Great staff as well. If you think about visiting Briar Patch in Canton for pipes don't.. It was legitimately sad to see and not worth the time.
Cool, thanks for the info. I was hoping The Pipe Rack wouldn’t turn out to be just another glass pipe shop. I’m really looking forward to it!

Reactions: Andre_T
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Welcome from Pennsylvania and New York.

When I was a moderator in a video game forum over twenty years ago, there was a member from Youngstown—he used to use the term “yins” all the time (even though it is apparently more of a Pittsburgh term for plural version of “you”). I have only spent time in Bellevue, Ohio (near Sandusky) to visit my sister-in-law’s folks many years ago.

I was curious how you ended up choosing to focus on Russian history (and literature?)