PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoic__Smoker

Lurker
Dec 15, 2019
Arkansas
New member. Been a pipe smoker since 2015. Have mostly been a lurker but I have kept up with ytpc over the years. I was a devout English smoker for years. Mostly oriental. Now getting into burley's lakelands and virginias. Smoking Haunted bookshop currently.

I know the basic knowledge of this wonderful art. On here to be a part of the community and learn all I can about this wonderful hobby. Glad to meet you all.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello and welcome!

I'd be stoic if I were in Arkansas, too... nana

My Arkansas experiences:

1992: Deployed to Fort Chaffee in February for a month of training. Caught poison ivy while ice was freezing on the muzzle of my M-16. My squad leader got hypothermia.

1995: Drove through while moving to Oregon. Tornado blew in. Had to negotiate gangbangers to reach a hotel in Little Rock. Cost of hotel was nearly twice advertised rate due to "tourist" taxes.

2015: Returning on road trip for nephew's wedding, decided to give Arkansas one more shot. Planned side trip to Hot Springs as last stop before home. Stopped for directions to lodging. Mrs. Jaytex fell getting off the bike and broke her wrist. Spent 2 days with hospital and getting last minute flight for her before leaving solo on my bike at a high rate of speed for, hopefully, my last ever view of Arkansas. A shame, really. It IS a beautiful place...

But, as I said, WELCOME! ? I've been enjoying the Haunted Bookshop lately, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.