PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Thanks FurCoat. We sure don’t lack for fellow Tar Heels on here,do we?!
Surprising number of members from NC. Haven't been out your way in awhile. I did some consulting at Corning fiberoptic a couple of years ago. My Texas Pete consumption makes a major contributor to the economy though.

Reactions: Tar Wheel

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Surprising number of members from NC. Haven't been out your way in awhile. I did some consulting at Corning fiberoptic a couple of years ago. My Texas Pete consumption makes a major contributor to the economy though.
My daughter‘s soccer coach was/is VP of marketing for Texas Pete. His wife used the soccer parents as a test market for new products. Left their house on more than one occasion drenched in sweat.

Reactions: FurCoat

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Welcome from Florida. If you have learned anything of value from me, just throw a 20 spot in the jar on the bar.
Thank you cigrmaster. I have actually learned quite a bit from you. Your ”list of tobaccos “ has been spot on. Not exactly the easiest to find initially but once found, I realized this guy knows his tobacco. F&T CVP was my first spiritual experience with a Va.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
a lot of pipe smoking is just getting the knack. You'll get there.
True. I smoked cigs for 30 years and quit cold turkey 8 years ago. I really got into the bourbon game a few years ago and the cravings started back. Tried cigars but Mrs. Wheel was not having it. Stopped by my local B&M and there was a guy smoking a pipe on the front porch. It was an aro and smelled wonderful. Well the light bulb went off in my head. I walked in and started smelling jars. Left with a few one ounce samples and a MM Legend. Mrs. Wheel gave her approval and I was off and running. After a couple of weeks in, my frustration kept growing. Wouldn’t stay lit, couldn’t get the flavor, yada yada. I decided to swallow my pride and seek direction. Tried the YouTube videos but those guys put me to sleep.
I happened upon PM Forums one day while researching a pipe.
Started following the advice given and what do you know?! I started tasting all the wonderful flavors I had been reading about on TR. I put the aros to the side, picked up some Plum Pudding, got the hang of it and never looked back. There is a learning curve but once you get the knack of it- Bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.