PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siefour

Lurker
Oct 21, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have been smoking a pipe for about a year now and have fallen in love with it. There is nothing more relaxing than lighting an evening pipe. I started out with a no-name briar from a local shop and have expanded to a Savinelli 621 and a corncob for a regular rotation. I just received a Peterson 606 Harp in the mail, and can't wait to try it out. I have been trying some house blends and find that I like lightly sweet tobacco or smooth and rich blends. I don't really enjoy super sweet Aromatics, but maybe I haven't tried the right one yet. I am looking forward to learning from experienced smokers here and sharing my knowledge with people new to the hobby!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Also, give a Virginia and a burley a try, maybe pouches from Amphora. Those are the tobaccos used as the base for many other blends, and it's good to know how they taste by themselves, even if there is some blending between the varieties of Virginias and burleys.

Reactions: Siefour

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. I'd personally recommend Mac Baren for respectable aromatics that are not too over-the-top. Original Choice was the first blend I ever had--it's a nice vanilla aro that doesn't make you feel like you're being beaten over the head with a Brobdingnagian vanilla bean. Ashton Winding Road also comes to mind. Just my two cents, anyways.

Enjoy the journey!

Reactions: Siefour

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Hello everyone,
I have been smoking a pipe for about a year now and have fallen in love with it. There is nothing more relaxing than lighting an evening pipe. I started out with a no-name briar from a local shop and have expanded to a Savinelli 621 and a corncob for a regular rotation. I just received a Peterson 606 Harp in the mail, and can't wait to try it out. I have been trying some house blends and find that I like lightly sweet tobacco or smooth and rich blends. I don't really enjoy super sweet Aromatics, but maybe I haven't tried the right one yet. I am looking forward to learning from experienced smokers here and sharing my knowledge with people new to the hobby!
Welcome from Orcas, WA!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the forum and to your pipe smoking journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.