Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
In Vietnam, Tobacco is not easy to find and the prices are not cheap. We often smoke pipe tobacco imported from the US, UK and Denmark. Vietnam does not produce tobacco for pipe

Thank you, I'll
Have you considered growing your own? If I lived in Vietnam and belonged to your pipe club, as a group I'd contract a few local farmers to grow tobacco for everyone.

If you're interested in investigating what it takes to grow, cure, age and blend pipe tobaccos, go to www.fairtradetobacco.com forum where the members are happy to share their experience. You can even buy seeds of many different varieties.

What piques my interest most is that those who smoke homegrown pipe tobacco all say that it's vastly superior to commercial blends.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I have traveled to your country once. Nature is so lovely. The climate is dry and cool, smoking a pipe is very suitable.
However, Tobacco in Australia are very expensive. I was only allowed to bring 50g and had to use it sparingly for 1 weekView attachment 51894
''Cool and dry''? You must have come in Winter.
We've had a rather mild start to Spring but last week it was 39*C/102*F and tomorrow will be just as hot.
Away from the coast the Summers can be brutal.

I'm so disgusted at our tobacco laws. [If you visit again, compress 200g so it fits in a 50g tin :) ]
A 50g tin is now over $120. It's disgraceful.

Love that pipe. Did you make it?
I've got as many pipes as I need [and some] but a Cavalier is the last on my list of must haves.

bienden

Lurker
Jan 5, 2019
Hanoi, Vietnam
''Cool and dry''? You must have come in Winter.
We've had a rather mild start to Spring but last week it was 39*C/102*F and tomorrow will be just as hot.
Away from the coast the Summers can be brutal.

I'm so disgusted at our tobacco laws. [If you visit again, compress 200g so it fits in a 50g tin :) ]
A 50g tin is now over $120. It's disgraceful.

Love that pipe. Did you make it?
I've got as many pipes as I need [and some] but a Cavalier is the last on my list of must haves.
Thank you for the advice of "compress the pipe tobacco to the tin" :).
Yes, it's a pipe I made by myself from olive wood.
Trust me, the Cavalier is a very good pipe - it will dry the bottom of the bowl and give you cool smoke.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Xin chào from Western Australia.

My wife's family is from Vietnam (she was born in Australia). I travelled from Hanoi to HCMC with her in 2010. In fact, I asked her to marry me on a boat trip in Ha Long Bay. I really enjoy travelling to Vietnam.

I like your cavalier pipe. You must be quite skilled if you made it yourself.

• Love
Reactions: bienden

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
Chao ban dong huong!
Nice to see another Viet in the pipe community. It would be nice to meet up the next time I am back in Vietnam.

• Love
Reactions: bienden
Status
Not open for further replies.