PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Happy smokes from Northern Germany and welcome to this fine forum. puffy
I hope you can smoke your pipes in good peace very soon. Stay strong!

I bet there was one at some point but it got buried under all the other threads. Seeing a clay pipe is kind of a rarity here, you see more corn cob or Meerschaum pipes.
@Chaukisch I've sent you a PM, feeling much better today!

Reactions: UncleRasta

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thank you for the kind words and a generous offer.

Doing fine. Better than could have been, really. Mildly optimistic I should say.

Unfortunately tobacco and alcohol are and have always been forbidden for postal import into the country.
I guess the government is strict about not allowing smugglers to milk the cash cow.

Which is a shame, since the only tobaccos currently available here are McBarren, Cornell & Diehl and 2 Petersons.

So I get to stick to Sherlock Holmes, cause C&D is a little bit too expensive for the current situation. (It is a good tobacco, so I shouldn’t really complain, but to tell the truth, I have always preferred Connoisseurs Choice and it’s gone)
yeah you could do a lot worse then those three or so choices.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. A friend adopted a Ukranian infant who is now an adult and doing well. One of the prize sculptures at the N.C. Museum of Art up the street from me is by a Ukranian sculptor, Blue Dancer by Alexander Archipenko.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Hello, everyone.
For means of introducing myself:

I have been smoking a pipe for about 5 years. Not a very consistent smoker: sometimes I would smoke daily for a month, other times I would smoke once a month.

At the moment I have 2 pipes: a Stanwell Army Mount and a Savinelli 601 Churchwarden. My third one is currently en route to me from the US, so it will take a while for it to arrive.

I used to hang out at a russian pipe smokers’ website similar to this one, but now for obvious reasons I would not. So I migrated here and totally happy about it.
Welcome from Toronto and Godspeed with your valiant struggle against the tragic, needless invasion.

Reactions: Dyakoff

KBuck2010

Lurker
Nov 2, 2022
Hello, everyone.
For means of introducing myself:

I have been smoking a pipe for about 5 years. Not a very consistent smoker: sometimes I would smoke daily for a month, other times I would smoke once a month.

At the moment I have 2 pipes: a Stanwell Army Mount and a Savinelli 601 Churchwarden. My third one is currently en route to me from the US, so it will take a while for it to arrive.

I used to hang out at a russian pipe smokers’ website similar to this one, but now for obvious reasons I would not. So I migrated here and totally happy about it.
Welcome from the Hill Country of Texas.

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
I used to hang out at a russian pipe smokers’ website similar to this one
On which one? pipeclub.net I suppose? It's not similar to this one at all.
Here, we enjoy a spirit of camraderie however long one has been in the hobby.
There, it looks to me like a prison inmate conversation: topdogs, underdogs and петухи (the humiliated newbies).

---
I can read and understand russian (as long as I almost fluently speak Ukrainian, among several other not-so-wide-spread European and Oriental languages).

Last edited:

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
Shame to find out about the destruction of the Antonov An225; the world's largest aircraft and Ukraine's flagship...
RIP Mriya (Dream)...
Actually half of Ukrainians believe this plane to be a soviet monstrosity created only to prove the imperial ambitions of the party - a gargantuan aircraft that had cost too much to build and drained too much money for maintenance, with little real benefit other than propaganda. I myself would strongly voice against rebuilding it.

Not that it means anyone was happy about losing it of course.

Maybe it really was an overly large piece of crap, but it was our piece of crap.