PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Hi, I've been gleaning insight from this forum for a while, so thought I'd join. I've been smoking a pipe for about thirty years, with occasional layoffs. Smoking St. Bruno Flake most recently, opening a tin of either War Horse Green or Red this afternoon. Pretty much only plug and cut plug. In the late '80s onward I was a Condor plug smoker and really miss it. Any suggestions are much appreciated - I've been told I should try Coniston but we can't get it in local shops.
Welcome from Western PA! If you haven't tried it already, Ennerdale has a good dose of Lakeland. I'm actually smoking some War Horse Red right now. I'm curious about the Green. Any impressions?

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Welcome from Western PA! If you haven't tried it already, Ennerdale has a good dose of Lakeland. I'm actually smoking some War Horse Red right now. I'm curious about the Green. Any impressions?

Thanks for the Welcome (and to everyone else as well). I'm not crazy about the War Horse Green. I tried it a second time and still thought it was sort of boring. It also hit me with an initial sweetness on each draw that I also was not crazy about. On the other hand, I've learned that people seem to find different results with the same tobacco, so perhaps my analysis is nonsense. I plan on opening the War Horse Bar tin in the near future.

I have been trying to get hold of a sample of Ennerdale, as it's been recommended by many;unfortunately, it's not possible to order right now.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Not sure where to ask this question, so I'll post it here and hope for the best: I realize that I can't buy, sell or ask for something until I've achieved a certain post-count and longevity here. But can I ask where I can locate something pipe-related?;i.e-a resource outside of the forum? Thanks.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
You absolutely can ask for something along those lines. What are you looking for?

Thanks for your response. I'm looking for about 50 generic pipe bags. Rather than having my pipes all over the place as they are now, I ordered 50 pipe-size boxes and want to place the pipes I don't smoke in bags within the boxes. I'll label the boxes and put them in the closet. The boxes are mailing quality, so if I decide to sell/trade any of the pipes, it's just a matter of adding some packing material and slapping on a mailing label.

Status
Not open for further replies.