PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Hi, I've been gleaning insight from this forum for a while, so thought I'd join. I've been smoking a pipe for about thirty years, with occasional layoffs. Smoking St. Bruno Flake most recently, opening a tin of either War Horse Green or Red this afternoon. Pretty much only plug and cut plug. In the late '80s onward I was a Condor plug smoker and really miss it. Any suggestions are much appreciated - I've been told I should try Coniston but we can't get it in local shops.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….
You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Greetings and welcome from Ontario Canada!

How did you come upon the forum?

Googling various topics kept leading me here;i.e-grabbing free information about pipes and tobacco!

Given the 40% tax on tobacco here, and inability to use the mail system, and finally - no decent tobacco shops under 45 minutes away, I have to be more careful about what I buy, so I need to be able to predict my smoke better than I did in the old days.

I've already failed several times, thinking I was about to find the perfect plug, and getting an unexpected fail. But...if all I ever smoked again was St Bruno, I'd be okay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.