PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

f(x)

Lurker
Feb 12, 2023
Niagara Frontier
Howdy!!! I started smoking a pipe in 1973. I was a devote cigarette smoker, but I met a girl that I wanted to impress. I wanted to be suave and debonaire! In retrospect, I was just a horny, stoopid 19-year-old kid, LOL! So, I bought a Dr. Grabow, a pouch of Borkum Riff, and commenced to destroying my tongue. I didn't know anything about pipe smoking either, but I slowly and painfully figured it out. Well, she's distant history, but the pipe and I had become very good friends, and we've been together ever since! Yes, I still have and smoke that Dr. Grabow, and I still smoke Borkum Riff, but I also have a deep love for PS Luxury Navy Flake, PS Luxury Bullseye Flake, and Mac Barren HH Bold Kentucky.

I have been lurking in this forum for some time and have at times wanted to ask questions, but I don't normally partake in forums. Everybody here seems to be knowledgeable and friendly. Also, I purchase from some of the forum's sponsors. So, here I am...

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Welcome from Pennsylvania and New York.

My father smoked Borkum Riff (probably around the time when you discovered it), so I have a fondness for it. I sort of remember it being the cherry blend, but, the black and white tin I think of suggests it was the Bourbon Whiskey version.

Reactions: f(x)

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. I also purchased a Dr. Grabow and some Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey. 43 years later it is the only pipe tobacco I have thrown in the trash can.

Reactions: f(x)