PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I started smoking pipes in 1982 when I turned 18 thanks to The Tinder Box that was in a mall in Beaumont, TX. The owner of the shop and my grandfather helped me get started but purchasing my first pipe which was a used 1970s Dunhill a leather bag for the pipe and tobacco and pipe tobacco which was Noris Gold, which I still own. I stopped smoking pipes for many years and started back in 2016. I really enjoy it and meeting others that are into the life stile.
It's a small world. I was in Beaumont in the late '70s on a business trip and there was a new mall with a Tinder box. I walked in the found a Caminetto; kind of a chubby bulldog with a business finish and a saddle bit. They said it was the first Cam they ever had. I scooped it up for $50 and still smoke it to this day.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Howdy from Ohio.
I'm originally from Beaumont and frequented that particular Tinder Box with my grandfather before he passed and on my own before it closed down.

He pretty much got his tobacco from one of three places, and I was usually in tow; Eckerd's or the Tinderbox in Parkdale Mall, or Charlie's convient store on Folsom & Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.