PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Howdy and welcome aboard from NE Ohio by way of Texas.
What part of the great Lone Star State do you hang your hat?

As far as recommendations...
For a light aromatic, perhaps try Peterson Irish Dew or C&D's Nutty Irishman. If you're looking for something a little more robust, C&D's Easy Times and Escudo are excellent.
I'm also always happy to recommend a Peterson pipe. The Dublin filter series is a great introductory pipe as is the Irish Army series.

Reactions: wyfbane and Relax62

Relax62

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2023
Texas
Howdy and welcome aboard from NE Ohio by way of Texas.
What part of the great Lone Star State do you hang your hat?

As far as recommendations...
For a light aromatic, perhaps try Peterson Irish Dew or C&D's Nutty Irishman. If you're looking for something a little more robust, C&D's Easy Times and Escudo are excellent.
I'm also always happy to recommend a Peterson pipe. The Dublin filter series is a great introductory pipe as is the Irish Army series.
Thank you for the advice on pipes and the tobacco recommendations! I’m in the Ft. Worth area. My wife and I are about to head out on a 2 year RV trip all over the U.S.

Reactions: Streeper541

TravB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
I’m taking up pipe smoking again after 10 years. First time didn’t go so well, but after reading many posts on this site, and the desire I had to try again… here I am! Already learned a lot and sure I will learn more! First 3 things I learned, and trying to get better at…
1) Don’t pack to tightly
2) Don’t puff… sip
3) Don’t smoke tobacco that’s too wet

Both previously and this time around, I started with great smelling Aromatics. Tasted nothing but ash. Thanks to posts from several experienced people on this site, I decided to try Prince Albert and some Prince Andrew. Although not exactly what I was looking for in taste… I actually tasted some flavors that can’t quite put my finger on, but very enjoyable smoke and overall great experience!! I will continue smoking both and get back to some light aromatics, using the 3 things mentioned above, and am hopeful that I’ll notice a big difference! If not, I like the two I’ve had luck with and hoping to get suggestions on other blends that I may enjoy. Thanks for all the good advice!!! Any suggestions on other tobacco, pipes, etc… would be greatly appreciated! I think I’m hooked this time around!🤠
Long time pipe smoker here. Been lurking the site for a while and finally decided to join.
Welcome from Texas!, too!

Reactions: Relax62

Relax62

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2023
Texas
I just ordered both of the above mentioned tobacco’s 2 days ago! Glad to get your feedback! Looking forward to trying them.
Got my Lanes Q1 in today, just finished my first smoke… and what a treat! Everything I hoped it would be and then some! My wife loved the aroma! Now I’m really excited to try others that have been suggested in this forum!

JRW11b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2023
I’m taking up pipe smoking again after 10 years. First time didn’t go so well, but after reading many posts on this site, and the desire I had to try again… here I am! Already learned a lot and sure I will learn more! First 3 things I learned, and trying to get better at…
1) Don’t pack to tightly
2) Don’t puff… sip
3) Don’t smoke tobacco that’s too wet

Both previously and this time around, I started with great smelling Aromatics. Tasted nothing but ash. Thanks to posts from several experienced people on this site, I decided to try Prince Albert and some Prince Andrew. Although not exactly what I was looking for in taste… I actually tasted some flavors that can’t quite put my finger on, but very enjoyable smoke and overall great experience!! I will continue smoking both and get back to some light aromatics, using the 3 things mentioned above, and am hopeful that I’ll notice a big difference! If not, I like the two I’ve had luck with and hoping to get suggestions on other blends that I may enjoy. Thanks for all the good advice!!! Any suggestions on other tobacco, pipes, etc… would be greatly appreciated! I think I’m hooked this time around!🤠
Good to see another Texan here! Excited to be on this awesome journey with you! Hope all is well.

Reactions: Relax62