PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapplin4

Lurker
May 1, 2020
Hi folks, My name is John and am new to the pipe smoking world. Just started two weeks ago and besides some beginner tongue bite, am hope to make the pipe my new hobby and nicotine delivery system.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome aboard from Central Kentucky! I'm Duane, smoked a pipe since '91, and can tell you that a lot of the tongue burn you are experiencing can often be easily solved. Dry out your tobacco more. Get it nearly bone dry. Pack it loosely. Your pipe's draw should be only slightly restricted, if at all, when filled versus empty. Take slower draws when smoking. Sip like you would with a straw and don't try to fill a room with smoke. Keep the ember just on the verge of going out to keep the pipe, the smoke, and your tongue cool.?

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
welcome John from S.W Michigan. Tounge bite is part of the curve of learning to enjoy a pipe. Think of it as a little initiation. Tounge bite is temporary but the joy of smoking a pipe lasts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sip don't puff is one mantra, though we all puff from time to time. Welcome from central North Carolina.

Reactions: zapplin4
Status
Not open for further replies.