PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2019
SW Florida
Just very recently rediscovered the joys of pipe smoking after a 15 year or so hiatus. Last week I was in Tucson visiting family and came across a cigar store that had some pipes in the front window, so I bought a relatively inexpensive Karl Erik freehand pipe and a few ounces of tobacco. I lit a bowl while in the store and thoroughly enjoyed it. For some reason I kept my modest collection of pipes and tinned tobacco...so I guess I’m back to pipe smoking. My smoking preference has been English latakia / VA / oriental and VA / perique mixtures. I’m glad I found this forum. Truthfully, I can’t remember WHEN I last saw a gentleman enjoying a pipe. Cheers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. My cuz' lives on the river east of Ft. Myers. I've been to visit, but not in many years, but we keep in touch. Algae problems on the river these days, but still a beautiful stretch of riverbank. Many tales of 'gators. As teenagers, we rode their horses. I'd always get the large black horse which they boarded, who was famous for scraping riders off on overhanging branches, but I managed to avoid that trick. We actually got along pretty well for a city kid on the back of a rebel horse. I always loved to hear them eat grain, the kernels popping between their molars.

Reactions: Michael Schroeder
Status
Not open for further replies.