PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bdtroch

Lurker
Aug 31, 2023
Hey, everyone! Glad to find this awesome forum.

I’m somewhat new to pipes; picked up a pipe a decade ago and gave up on the process. My grandfather recently passed and I inherited all of his pipes and accoutrement which reinvigorated a desire to pick up his favorite pastimes.

While his pipes will remain unsmoked and on display to admire, I’ve started my own collection and am thrilled with the journey I’ve been on the last few months. Currently, trying tobaccos and learning what I enjoy best. So far, Presbyterian is on the top of my list.

I look forward to reading, learning, and talking with you all!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I have some strong Missouri connections. My wife grew up in rural Missouri up near the Iowa line not far from the Mississippi River, and we met at U. Mo. where we were both in school, although I grew up near Chicago. We married after I'd been a widower for ten years. A college buddy from journalism school recently retired back to St. Louis where he'd grown up, from Lexington, Ky. In school, I did a newspaper internship in Neosho, Mo., down south of Joplin in the Ozarks. Don't say anything bad about Jesse James or Ma Barker, I was instructed on the first day, since the families are still in the area. Welcome aboard.