PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Man

Lurker
Jul 9, 2021
I moved from cigars to pipes about 15 years ago, primarily to appease the neighbors. I experimented with a lot of tobaccos and a couple dozen pipes, settling mostly on Virginias and Orientals, with the occasional latakia blend thrown in but few aromatics. Bent bulldogs and Rhodesians are my favorite shapes. Then 5 years ago I, along with a new spouse, moved to a "managed community" with very few smokers and I boxed up the pipes. I couldn't bear to sell them, though. I want to pick up the hobby again. I'll post in another section about seeking advice on how to set up an outdoor filtering system to keep the new neighbors at bay.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Welcome from New York. I don’t think I could live in an area that denied me my smoking, then again they’d have to have some really good leverage to get me to listen lol.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I've spent some time in that part of the world, Navy boot camp at San Diego and then some radioman schools that let me spend some time in the city on liberty, and after a tour off Vietnam, home ported in Long Beach. I nearly went to grad school at SFran State, but chose Greensboro, N.C., instead. Most of my travel to CA after that was to SFran and north.

Beach Man

Lurker
Jul 9, 2021
Hey from central North Carolina. I've spent some time in that part of the world, Navy boot camp at San Diego and then some radioman schools that let me spend some time in the city on liberty, and after a tour off Vietnam, home ported in Long Beach. I nearly went to grad school at SFran State, but chose Greensboro, N.C., instead. Most of my travel to CA after that was to SFran and north.
I was also home ported in Long Beach for a couple of years until they closed Terminal Island and moved us to San Diego. I have relatives in the once spectacular San Francisco, but I won't get within 50 miles of the place today.

Status
Not open for further replies.