PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgilx

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2014
Dover, England
Hi all, I’ve taken the plunge while out in Cardiff for a few drinks! Scratched my itch of many years and bought a pipe and some tobacco. I didn’t believe the talk about state of zen etc. BUT wow, I have quite a stressful job but smoking a pipe has brought me some ME time and I’m in awe of it. I will be looking for some advice on a decent pipe and tobacco choices etc…Looking to buy a decent pipe very soon!
Anyway nice to meet you all
Welcome!

Reactions: Bear100

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Hi all, I’ve taken the plunge while out in Cardiff for a few drinks! Scratched my itch of many years and bought a pipe and some tobacco. I didn’t believe the talk about state of zen etc. BUT wow, I have quite a stressful job but smoking a pipe has brought me some ME time and I’m in awe of it. I will be looking for some advice on a decent pipe and tobacco choices etc…Looking to buy a decent pipe very soon!
Welcome from the Lake District, you’re in for a great adventure ?

Reactions: Bear100

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
20 years too late Bach!? There used to be a good one in Abergavenny but I don't know if it's still going. We get all our pipes & baccy online now.
In the Summer I went to Bromyard Folk Festival where I met four pipe smokers one guy was from Abergavenny he told me he buys his tobacco from a tobacconist in the town and had never bought tobacco online.

Reactions: simong and Bear100

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
In the Summer I went to Bromyard Folk Festival where I met four pipe smokers one guy was from Abergavenny he told me he buys his tobacco from a tobacconist in the town and had never bought tobacco online.
That's good news, I'll have to pop in next time I'm passing. ?

Reactions: Bear100 and marconi

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum! There is certainly a lot of advice on here, especially to help you spend your money.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Footie fan?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

• Love
Reactions: edger and Bear100

djgilx

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2014
Dover, England
Well done Sir! Welcome! Great to have another Brit on board!
David (from Dover in Kent)

Status
Not open for further replies.