PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Magoo6541

Lurker
Jul 12, 2022
Just found the forum and thought an introduction was in order.

Starting piping years ago in 2013 and was strictly into pipes for a year or two. I have a few local B&Ms but they offer nothing but heavily cased aromatic jarred bulk tobaccos so that's what I started on before finding all the great tinned selections. Mostly Latika or VaPers were my go to... Mostly Samuel Gawith, Dunhill, Escudo, McClelland Scottish Cake and of course Frog Morton's Cellar was something I heavily bought. I then discovered cigars and just found them to be more convenient. Have been smoking habano cigars since then with some breaks here and there. Unfortunately, I sold the majority of my cellared pipe tobacco and some of my nicer pipes. Seeing the prices of vintage FM Cellar fills me with regret, but oh well, still plenty of other great options out there. I fortunately still have some SG FVF, Escudo and Dunhill tins that are in great condition.

I've converted a spare bedroom into a smoking lounge recently and decided that I needed to get back into piping. Being able to relax in the evenings with a pipe... it just sounds right to me. It also helps the wallet out since finding Cuban Cigars at a reasonable price isn't the easiest thing at the moment.

I recently bought a new Dunhill 3103 and am starting to search out my old favorites again. I've found everything but the Samuel Gawith blends... FVF and SJF. SJF never seemed to be easily found from what I remember though. I have discovered Three Nuns and have fallen in love with it so all is good in the world to me.

Still a lot of work left to do. My new club seats were delivered yesterday but I'm away for a week for work. The TV and Speaker will need to be moved over to recenter it on the love seat when that is moved to make room for the club chairs. Paint and flooring will happen next week probably.
52211926599_234321bf5d_c.jpg

52211674768_e9be79a53f_c.jpg

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia

Starting piping years ago in 2013 and was strictly into pipes for a year or two. I have a few local B&Ms but they offer nothing but heavily cased aromatic jarred bulk tobaccos so that's what I started on before finding all the great tinned selections. Mostly Latika or VaPers were my go to... Mostly Samuel Gawith, Dunhill, Escudo, McClelland Scottish Cake and of course Frog Morton's Cellar was something I heavily bought. I then discovered cigars and just found them to be more convenient. Have been smoking habano cigars since then with some breaks here and there. Unfortunately, I sold the majority of my cellared pipe tobacco and some of my nicer pipes. Seeing the prices of vintage FM Cellar fills me with regret, but oh well, still plenty of other great options out there. I fortunately still have some SG FVF, Escudo and Dunhill tins that are in great condition.

I've converted a spare bedroom into a smoking lounge recently and decided that I needed to get back into piping. Being able to relax in the evenings with a pipe... it just sounds right to me. It also helps the wallet out since finding Cuban Cigars at a reasonable price isn't the easiest thing at the moment.

I recently bought a new Dunhill 3103 and am starting to search out my old favorites again. I've found everything but the Samuel Gawith blends... FVF and SJF. SJF never seemed to be easily found from what I remember though. I have discovered Three Nuns and have fallen in love with it so all is good in the world to me.

Still a lot of work left to do. My new club seats were delivered yesterday but I'm away for a week for work. The TV and Speaker will need to be moved over to recenter it on the love seat when that is moved to make room for the club chairs. Paint and flooring will happen next week probably.

Welcome from Virginia

Reactions: Magoo6541

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Knoxville.

I was stationed at Fort Stewart for 7 years and spent many weekends partying in Savannah and on Tybee Island. I even remember a few of them! rotf

I used to love getting tanked on River Street and stumbling my way to Vinnie Van Go-Go's for a couple of slices before passing out in some random spot.

I no longer drink to blackout status, so I should head back there some day for a more memorable experience!

1657737863299.png

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia

Very nice! Welcome from half way between you and Jacksonville!

Reactions: Magoo6541

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. That is a nice man cave you made. If you want Samuel Gawith flakes, I recommend calling small mom and pop retailers who have no internet presence. Start in the low tax states and be prepared to buy 5 pounds at least as these retailers are all about cash flow and couldn't care about the limits the big retailers like smokingpipes and pipesandcigars put on their Sg products. Good luck in your quest.