PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

MyCombOver

Lurker
May 15, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello new piping friends. My history - I smoked a pipe a bit back in my university days, and was terrible at it. I just recently got the itch again and have been pipe smoking for about 3 months. I’m working on smoking cool and figuring out what tobaccos I like. So far I like everything, but I’m not picking out much nuance yet. I’m a mid-40s suburban Dad, and I love the quiet time that a smoke affords me. I’m working on recruiting some of my friends to the hobby. Looking forward to learning from you all!

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Hello from N Africa! I grew up in Indiana, PA—not so far from you. I find myself in the same demographic and enjoy a pipe for the very same reason. Welcome to the forum.

MyCombOver

Lurker
May 15, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello from N Africa! I grew up in Indiana, PA—not so far from you. I find myself in the same demographic and enjoy a pipe for the very same reason. Welcome to the forum.
You’re right. Indiana, PA is very close, but N Africa is not at all! Thanks much for the welcome.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello new piping friends. My history - I smoked a pipe a bit back in my university days, and was terrible at it. I just recently got the itch again and have been pipe smoking for about 3 months. I’m working on smoking cool and figuring out what tobaccos I like. So far I like everything, but I’m not picking out much nuance yet. I’m a mid-40s suburban Dad, and I love the quiet time that a smoke affords me. I’m working on recruiting some of my friends to the hobby. Looking forward to learning from you all!
welcome from Central PA actually inside a university at the moment.

Reactions: MyCombOver

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Greetings from Indiana! I am in a similar boat in that I am having trouble tasting nuances. Like others I will echo to smoke slowly and have found different pipes work better with different blends. It is a journey and enjoy it!

Reactions: MyCombOver