PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Good evening (or morning), everyone!

Here’s Luca from Paris, 28 years old, Italian, a passionate pipe smoker since my father introduced me to the art of “slow smoking”. I mostly smoke Virginia and Latakia, in Danish or Italian pipes.
I hope to find here a place to learn, listen and share opinions on our passion. Thanks again!
Welcome from Alabama and God Bless

Reactions: lusa_93

lusa_93

Lurker
Jan 25, 2022
Paris, France
oh you have to tell us. What is the pipe scene like there?
The actor Jean Gabin playing Inspector Maigret with his iconic billiard. We do not know exactly what is the real brand of Maigret's pipes, in Italy we consider the Savinelli 101 as the "maigrettona" par excellence because the actor Gino Cervi smoked it in some italian movies dedicated to the Inspector. In France, models of Chacom were made in honor of Inspector Maigret but the mystery remains, Simenon never revealed it in his books.

Attachments

• 46906E9C-035A-4969-8C5C-96EDAF3316CE.jpeg
    46906E9C-035A-4969-8C5C-96EDAF3316CE.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The actor Jean Gabin playing Inspector Maigret with his iconic billiard. We do not know exactly what is the real brand of Maigret's pipes, in Italy we consider the Savinelli 101 as the "maigrettona" par excellence because the actor Gino Cervi smoked it in some italian movies dedicated to the Inspector. In France, models of Chacom were made in honor of Inspector Maigret but the mystery remains, Simenon never revealed it in his books.
While that is awesome and a great answer. I meant how scene as in how likely are you to find other pipe smokers, how tolerated is pipe smoking? Can you smoke at restaurants or are there only some places you can smoke? Things like that. But your answer gives me another thing to look into.

lusa_93

Lurker
Jan 25, 2022
Paris, France
Sorry, when I read "scene" I thought you were referring to the movie! In France the anti-smoking legislation is very hard, tobacco costs a lot and because we can't buy it on the internet we try to get it in Italy (where it is cheaper) or in Switzerland (where it is cheaper and there is a lot of American variety like GL Pease or others). France was one of the most smoking countries in Europe but now there is less and less smoking culture. Political choices. Wich is understandable for cigarettes, less so for slow-smoking. A real shame.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Sorry, when I read "scene" I thought you were referring to the movie! In France the anti-smoking legislation is very hard, tobacco costs a lot and because we can't buy it on the internet we try to get it in Italy (where it is cheaper) or in Switzerland (where it is cheaper and there is a lot of American variety like GL Pease or others). France was one of the most smoking countries in Europe but now there is less and less smoking culture. Political choices. Wich is understandable for cigarettes, less so for slow-smoking. A real shame.
personally I think pipe smokers have to be more visible. Get it through peoples heads it's not the same thing as cigs. Heck there is a reason lots of old farts still do it while the cig smokers seem to disappear for some reason.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Good evening (or morning), everyone!

Here’s Luca from Paris, 28 years old, Italian, a passionate pipe smoker since my father introduced me to the art of “slow smoking”. I mostly smoke Virginia and Latakia, in Danish or Italian pipes.
I hope to find here a place to learn, listen and share opinions on our passion. Thanks again!
Welcome from Virginia!

Reactions: lusa_93

Bwana Kiko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2021
Uganda
Bienvenue!

Je suis passé de temps suffisant en Afrique francophone de parler mauvaisement la français. Je suis désolée !

Reactions: dunnyboy
Status
Not open for further replies.