PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Northwest native here, born outside of Seattle and currently live in the Portland metro. While I've smoked pipes on and off for the last 4 or so years, I didn't fall in love with hobby until about 6 months ago, when I picked up my first non-basket briar (Stanwell). I'm primarily an English smoker, although I do enjoy the occasional aromatic from time to time.
You reside in the wrong neck of the woods for the enjoyment of tobacco! I wish you luck and hopefully you have a large pocketbook!

Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
You reside in the wrong neck of the woods for the enjoyment of tobacco! I wish you luck and hopefully you have a large pocketbook!

Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!
Wait, I may have misspoken. Perhaps Oregon tobacco legislation is not as tough as your neighboring state of Washington.

senpai

Lurker
Nov 26, 2023
Can't beat a Stanwell. I've had a few in my pipe journey, and one of my favourites currently is the H.C. Anderson Churchwarden. A warm welcome from the UK.

T. Gerber

Lurker
Nov 28, 2023
Wait, I may have misspoken. Perhaps Oregon tobacco legislation is not as tough as your neighboring state of Washington.
No it is not, thank God! I first tried getting into it when I still lived in Washington and not being able to order online was a pain in the ass.

T. Gerber

Lurker
Nov 28, 2023
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland Oregon.

I spent the Thanksgiving weekend in Portland, visiting my nephew and my brother, who flew in from Ann Arbor.
Hadn’t been to Portland since the early’ ‘90’s and had a great experience. Rich’s is a wonderful tobacconist. Picked up a few rarities, one of which I’m enjoying as I write this.
Rich's is great! That's where I got my Stanwell and they have great prices on pipes. Tins not so much, but their house blends are good.

Reactions: sablebrush52