PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MisterBadger

Might Stick Around
Oct 6, 2024
Ludlow, UK
I figured some aromas would be better suited for different seasons. I used a lot of peach and cherry tobacco when it was the summer and spring seasons. And for winter my go-to is vanilla. I figured the autumn season would merit a different tobacco.

I recently bought some sutliff maple street to have this season since I've always linked the smell of maple syrup and autumn in my mind. However, with a recommendation from this thread I'm thinking of having some Cornell & Diehl's haunted bookshop or Seattle Pipe Club's plum pudding. Although, the smell of the ladder is quite strong and I wouldn't typically smoke it if I'm just going and coming to work.

Regarding the seasonality of beers; do you have a favorite for autumn?
- I can't comment on aromatics beyond uttering some grumbly platitude to the effect that tobacco should taste and smell like tobacco, which you won't want to hear ;-)

Beers, now, though: as the year darkens, so should the beer; as the cold increases, so should the strength of the beer, and it should have a body to nourish as much as to refresh. Why so many folks like to drink chilled lager in the depths of winter, I cannot understand. Winter is stout; Autumn is an amber or copper coloured confection, of 5% ABV or higher. My autumnal beer of choice is, therefore, the Bewdley Brewery's William Mucklow's Dark Mild (6.5%). I'm guessing that this is both unkown and unobtainable in the States, so I'd recommend, as a substitute, McChouffe Brune (8%) :)

Reactions: smokingauthor1