PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
What novel is that quote from?
Not sure if it's from a novel or just things Twain said. Twain has a history here in CT.

He also said, "The lack of money is the root of all evil."

Here is a nice pipe from just before he passed away on display at the museum here.

Twain also owned a cob very similar to the Shenandoah from MM 20240831_152603~3.jpg

GardenStateoftheArtBriar

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2024
New Jersey
Hey everyone, I've been smoking a tobacco pipe since I was 21 and have put it down and picked it up in the last 4 years. Any recommendations on pipe tobacco that would go well in the autumn months? Also, how do yall smoke in colder weather?

Greetings.

Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.
Hi
When I lived in SoHo I'd smoke cigars in my apartment
the guy who lived downstairs had the balls and audacity to tell me that I was in the wrong and at fault stating 'you crazy...that's cigar smoke' then he proceeded to light a cigarette in the hall on his way out the building
what a piece of work that disgusting creature was

Reactions: smokingauthor1

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi
When I lived in SoHo I'd smoke cigars in my apartment
the guy who lived downstairs had the balls and audacity to tell me that I was in the wrong and at fault stating 'you crazy...that's cigar smoke' then he proceeded to light a cigarette in the hall on his way out the building
what a piece of work that disgusting creature was
weirdly it's not the non smokers that have given me shit for pipe smoking, it's always chain smoking cigarette heads.

Reactions: smokingauthor1