PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Pinsky

Lurker
Jun 3, 2021
Also from NYC, living in upper Manhattan and loving the city. Barclay Rex is around Wall St. and although I haven't bought any pipes there (always feels too fancy for me), I do own a few Barclay Rex branch estate pipes. I like having some NYC-made pipes (and Weber, which is Jersey City).

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Is there a Barclay Rex still across from Grand Central? That was a good one. So many great shops gone.
Not that I’ve seen. I haven’t been that way since I started smoking a pipe so it most likely wouldn’t have caught my eye. GCS hasn’t become so bad but I honestly try to stay off the subway, after having a few knives pulled on me, 5% trying to start shit just because they don’t like the way I look, and having to pass by rows of derelict junkies bent in half but never falling over I said forget this lol. I’d rather go back to doing service work out of a van in the South Bronx or Mt. Vernon, Westchester lmfao

• Sad
Reactions: ofafeather

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Oh man I wish they were still as popular. The one on Pearl St is nice. I believe they own the building and have the 1st floor as a shop and the 2nd floor as a lounge and the 3rd as there blending room. I have to go back there one of these days, I started working Midtown after going there only a hand full of times. Great service and people every time.

TonyManx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2021
Connecticut
I'm Dave, live in NY. I've been looking for good resources and advice as I continue the pipe journey. Picked it up last year soon after lockdown, and have found it endlessly fascinating.

Many burnt tongues and sore throats during the learning curve, but as improve I understand more and more why pipe smoking means so much to a lot of people. When I can get that one in ten bowl and really taste the flavors, losing myself in the experience with a slow cadence and meditative mindset, there's nothing better. Working on getting more consistent and getting the best out of the pipe smoking experience.

I started with cobs and cheap briars. So far have gotten much better smokes out of the cobs, I think because the open draws help me practice the breath method. Watched a lot of the youtube channels (good to see Muttnchop Piper is back) and spend many hours during the day browsing online for bent billiards and flakes and coins and ribbons when I should be working.

Looking forward to learning from this community.
Welcome from CT. Where in NY are you? There is usually a pipe show in Cobleskill in the fall.

Leo

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2020
Seoul, South Korea
husky-h.tistory.com
I'm Dave, live in NY. I've been looking for good resources and advice as I continue the pipe journey. Picked it up last year soon after lockdown, and have found it endlessly fascinating.

Many burnt tongues and sore throats during the learning curve, but as improve I understand more and more why pipe smoking means so much to a lot of people. When I can get that one in ten bowl and really taste the flavors, losing myself in the experience with a slow cadence and meditative mindset, there's nothing better. Working on getting more consistent and getting the best out of the pipe smoking experience.

I started with cobs and cheap briars. So far have gotten much better smokes out of the cobs, I think because the open draws help me practice the breath method. Watched a lot of the youtube channels (good to see Muttnchop Piper is back) and spend many hours during the day browsing online for bent billiards and flakes and coins and ribbons when I should be working.

Looking forward to learning from this community.
Welcome from Korea!

I hope you enjoy smoking happily with pipes.
and.. Muttnchop piper's back! It is Good for US!
If you watch his video, you'll be able to master it quickly.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.