PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm 30 and have lived in NC almost my entire life, I picked up pipe smoking when I turned 18 but like many a teenage whim it lost my attention and my cheap Italian basket pipe languished for over a decade. I recently got bit by the bug again kind of out of nowhere, I don't know if a Muttonchop video got recommended to me on YouTube or what. Either way I grabbed some corn cobs and sampled a lot of tobaccos and now I've been a pipe smoker for just over two months. I really enjoy VaPers and the occasional aromatic.

My most embarrasing pipe story (so far): In 2012 I did happen to buy some more tobacco for my old basket pipe. The family was going on a trip to the mountains and it just seemed like the perfect thing to bring. The tobacco I bought was McClelland's 2012 Christmas Cheer. I popped it open, tried to smoke some, probably just burned the hell out of it and the jar of mostly full tobacco sat on my shelf for 4 or 5 years. At which point I found it again, opened it up and wasn't really sure if it was still good or not. I didn't know what I was doing at all; I assumed it was bad and threw it in the trash! It was probably drier than an old bone but I wish I'd at least tried to salvage it. Thankfully I kept the beautiful tin but I do kind of wince when I think about the trashed tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oops. I think that is called premium aged tobacco. Welcome from central N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.