PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Me either brother. It’s slowly creeping to my side of the county now. I’m seeing houses where I never thought I’d see them.
When I moved to where I'm at I was on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Now I have a Publix and Harris Teeter a mile and a half from me. Still surrounded by tobacco fields, but I'm sure that will change. I'm a hop and a skip from Flowers store so you know how crazy it's gotten around here.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

JocoPack

Lurker
Apr 24, 2022
When I moved to where I'm at I was on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Now I have a Publix and Harris Teeter a mile and a half from me. Still surrounded by tobacco fields, but I'm sure that will change. I'm a hop and a skip from Flowers store so you know how crazy it's gotten around here.
Oh yeah I just went through there this past Saturday going to Wendell. Absolutely crazy.

Do you know of any decent local places to get pipes/tobacco? I know of George’s in Raleigh but that’s a haul

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Oh yeah I just went through there this past Saturday going to Wendell. Absolutely crazy.

Do you know of any decent local places to get pipes/tobacco? I know of George’s in Raleigh but that’s a haul
I work a mile from George's. JR still has some in stock, especially the codger blends. Used to be a great place. Abbie's in Knightdale has a decent selection.

JocoPack

Lurker
Apr 24, 2022
I work a mile from George's. JR still has some in stock, especially the codger blends. Used to be a great place. Abbie's in Knightdale has a decent selection.
Yeah I frequent JRs regularly for cigars and dip. Bought some escudo and Mac Baren roll cake from there the other day. They have a lot of bulk pipe tobacco in big plastic bags but I’m sure that stuff isn’t too good. I will check out Abbie’s next time I’m that way.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Yeah I frequent JRs regularly for cigars and dip. Bought some escudo and Mac Baren roll cake from there the other day. They have a lot of bulk pipe tobacco in big plastic bags but I’m sure that stuff isn’t too good. I will check out Abbie’s next time I’m that way.
The bag stuff is no bueno. You could pick up some pouches of Sir Walter, Carter Hall, Half n Half and Prince Albert at JRs. If you find any to your liking, they have good prices on the tubs.
I need to swing by myself and get some Cope.

JocoPack

Lurker
Apr 24, 2022
The bag stuff is no bueno. You could pick up some pouches of Sir Walter, Carter Hall, Half n Half and Prince Albert at JRs. If you find any to your liking, they have good prices on the tubs.
I need to swing by myself and get some Cope.
I picked up a pouch of Captain Blacks from there when I first started smoking. Wasn’t half bad haha

Status
Not open for further replies.