PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
Yeah, Ruston way is now a late night cruising road with point Ruston at the end with shopping, restaurants, and a movie theater.

Reactions: kcghost

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
town', though I wasn't ever stationed in Tacoma, all of the places I was stationed have been totally changed. The San Diego Navy boot camp is long closed. The minesweeper is in Taiwan or decommissioned in Asia. The Long Beach home port of the ship has gone to a civilian port for the China trade. Midway has closed its Naval station and has limited access with the Department of Interior. And the recruiting station in Milwaukee where I spent the last eight months of my hitch has gone from a high rent building near the water to a storefront somewhere in the area. It's just time passing, but I jokingly refer to myself as the Naval station angel of death; if I was there, it closed.

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
Hi, I've been reading old forums that pop up from when I Google, and I figured since I read through them I might as well join. I was first introduced the pipe world from a friend back in Albuquerque around 2012(always loved the smell of pipes and cigars, pipes mainly) now nine years later I went full board on collecting and restoring pipes. I've learned so much this past year from the run of the mill drugstore pipe to the big time cadillac brands, and the does and don'ts for restoring the well loved pipes back to life.
Can't wait to learn even more. Thanks for having me.
-Chris

Welcome from ALSO TACOMA! Glad to see a super local piper and pipe-restorer. Should get together sometime for a smoke.

Reactions: T-townrestore

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana.
My first six years in the Coast Guard were based mostly in the Seattle area (with nine months at a small, long decommisioned LORAN A station at Pt. Grenville). I used to spend time in Tacoma while my brother-in-law was stationed at Fort Lewis.

My wife was born in Carnation and grew up in Soap Lake. She still has relatives living up north of Seattle.

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Heya T-Townrestore, im kinda new here myself! Well met.

Im curious, do you remember how your Albaqurque friend got you into pipe smoking? Ive been putting together little starter kits to give people who are trying to quit smoking or vaping...

Reactions: jpmcwjr

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
Heya T-Townrestore, im kinda new here myself! Well met.

Im curious, do you remember how your Albaqurque friend got you into pipe smoking? Ive been putting together little starter kits to give people who are trying to quit smoking or vaping...

Yeah I was a custodian in his building he had a pipe on his desk, and I told him I’ve always been curious about pipes, and that the smoke smells so nice. At the time I’ve only smoked sweet cigars. The next day he brought me a cleaned up drug store estate pipe, and a little jar of tobacco. Enjoyed it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.