PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I would love to hear your take on James Foxes the bankers it's a cigar leaf blend that tastes suspiciously Cuban to me even the American version which I think might only be different in that it has a sticker over the description turning Cuban into Cuban seed.
Ooh - that one I don't know, (but then again, there are so many out there I don't know, ?). I haven't smoked any cigar leaf based blends as of yet, but that smell of Cuban leaf I can spot a mile away! Sort of makes me think too of what I've seen of some traditional Italian blends that use dark fired Kentucky from Italy; the same that they use in Toscanos and other Italian cigars.

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
Welcome from Montreal too! Feel free to PM me if you want to meet in person and take some stock off my hands, I will shortly be getting rid of most of my cellar for financial reasons.
Anyway welcome again!

Reactions: sparker69

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ooh - that one I don't know, (but then again, there are so many out there I don't know, ?). I haven't smoked any cigar leaf based blends as of yet, but that smell of Cuban leaf I can spot a mile away! Sort of makes me think too of what I've seen of some traditional Italian blends that use dark fired Kentucky from Italy; the same that they use in Toscanos and other Italian cigars.
cubans are distinctive. I really like cigar leaf blends. That one is the only one that feels like a replacement for a cigar usually it's an element to the over all effect. But bankers seems like it's shooting for being as close to a cuban as possible. Great blend and it gets weird compliments when I smoke it. People literally are like that smells great but it smells like a cigar so it shouldn't smell great but it smells great.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Welcome from Montreal too! Feel free to PM me if you want to meet in person and take some stock off my hands, I will shortly be getting rid of most of my cellar for financial reasons.
Anyway welcome again!
Hi! Hey - do you know if the Montreal pipe smoking group is still up and running? I think they used to meet occasionally at Stogies.