PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I just picked up my pipe again and put down the cigarettes, been lurking for a few weeks now, enjoying discussions.
Back when I first started smoking pipes, I bought a $5 cob and a huge bag of gambler with the idea that I was going to quit smoking cigarettes. I always ended up with a burning, leather tounge and no taste buds. no matter what I did I couldn’t get rid of it.

anyway my buddy from Idaho came down and brought some erinmore flake. That smoking experience opened my eyes to the fact that there is a lot of different tobacco choices other than what the gas station sells.
Since then I’ve been buying small amounts of bulk tobaccos as well as some tinned blends. Also, learning how to actually smoke my pipes in stead of trying to wolf down a bowl like i would a cigarette, and just enjoy the smoke and relax.
The conversations I have read have helped me a lot, so thanks!
And hello from Montana!!!
Welcome from Virginia!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I had a shipmate, a fellow radioman, who hailed from Helena, Montana; he was good at his job.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Welcome from Texas! I feel your pain. I've had an off again on again cursed relationship with Cigs, but this time I'm determined never to go back. Pipe smoking is sooo much more enjoyable and far healthier for the mind, and the body!

Reactions: Mr. Marsh
Status
Not open for further replies.