PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Good morning, Murray Farr here from Hattiesburg MS.
I’ve been smoking a pipe for 14 years.
Retired from Walmart after 28 years and moved to Mississippi to be an active Papaw in the lives of two little boys.
i was active on the old Pipe Smokers forum for several years, but it seems to have disappeared! (Art was the Admin).
With the help of my friend Pipestud, I have thinned the herd of pipes that I bought in a frenzy of Pipe Acquisition Disorder, as well as a bunch of factory sealed tobacco. I’ve settled into a very manageable dozen or so (maybe a few more than that) pipes and will admit here in this intro that I am an unashamed aromatic smoker. I thought I would eventually join the manly men that smoke English and VaPers…just hasn’t happened.
That said, I have just moved into what i hope is my forever home and am unpacking many jars of tobacco.

i wondered if there is a requirement for number of posts before I could offer some for sale, (or trade) and some as freebies.

i will likely be an infrequent visitor, but will be around!

Best to all,
Murray
Hotty Toddy

Welcome from the Buckeye State O H

Papaw

Lurker
Jan 6, 2022
Howdy from Idaho! Welcome to the forum.
If you look under the category of pipes or tobacco for sale on the main forum page you will see the conditions (4 months and min 100 posts) for being able to sell and buy pipes or tobacco on the form.
Enjoy being a grandpa and all the adventures with your two young lads!
Thank you sir!
Glad that you're here!
I smoke mainly VAs and Balkans, but there are some aromatics that I like a lot. There are a few other mainly aro smokers around here, too. I doubt that pipe tobacco preference correlates one way or the other to masculinity ;-)
Welcome, from NE Wisconsin!
thank you sir! I spent a good bit of time in the Beaver Dam area, and met a fine fellow named Joe Nelson in the Fond du Lac area that makes some beautiful pipes!

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
thank you sir! I spent a good bit of time in the Beaver Dam area, and met a fine fellow named Joe Nelson in the Fond du Lac area that makes some beautiful pipes!

Nice! I'm a few hours north of Beaver Dam, but my parents live closer to that area.
I hadn't heard of Joe Nelson! I'm glad that you mentioned him -- I just looked him up. Handsome looking pipes.
See you around the forums!

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Good morning, Murray Farr here from Hattiesburg MS.
I’ve been smoking a pipe for 14 years.
Retired from Walmart after 28 years and moved to Mississippi to be an active Papaw in the lives of two little boys.
i was active on the old Pipe Smokers forum for several years, but it seems to have disappeared! (Art was the Admin).
With the help of my friend Pipestud, I have thinned the herd of pipes that I bought in a frenzy of Pipe Acquisition Disorder, as well as a bunch of factory sealed tobacco. I’ve settled into a very manageable dozen or so (maybe a few more than that) pipes and will admit here in this intro that I am an unashamed aromatic smoker. I thought I would eventually join the manly men that smoke English and VaPers…just hasn’t happened.
That said, I have just moved into what i hope is my forever home and am unpacking many jars of tobacco.

i wondered if there is a requirement for number of posts before I could offer some for sale, (or trade) and some as freebies.

i will likely be an infrequent visitor, but will be around!

Best to all,
Murray
Hello and welcome!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy Murray, from the great state of Texas!

Murry is good people... and in fact, one of the very few people ever to step into the hollowed halls of Pipestud's Consignment Shop! Come visit again, soon!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. One of my longest standing colleagues before I retired was from Jackson, Mississippi, married to an anti-trust economist who was also from Jackson. They had many tales to tell. The whole family were inveterate sailors (sailboats, mostly catamarans) in which they made several Atlantic crossings.

Because she'd traveled a lot, she was a master travel arranger and fixer, could find hotel rooms where there were none. A wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.