PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hello there,

I started smoking the pipe (spellcheck came in handy) about a month ago in a futile hope to replace cigarettes. I accept now that pipe smoking will serve as a very nice distraction from the sticks, for the time being at least.

In a short period of time, I amassed more tobacco than I know what to do with and the misses is suspicious. I like everything I've tried so far, but the aromatics and anything with Kentucky please the most.

I've read through a lot of interesting posts on the forum and really like the community. Looking forward to hopping in!
Welcome from Virginia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. When they had four kids, my paternal grandparents had a small farm with a creek ("crick") not too far from Muskegon, no electricity or running water, where they spent summers and lived like an earlier generation. I camped there and bathed in that ice water creek in my teens. Nice folks thereabouts.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Do yourself favor and learn how to clean the piss out of your pipe after every bowl. It makes a huge difference. I only use BJ Long Tapered fluffy cleaners 100 per pack, and then BJ Long Bristle cleaners that come 80 to a pack.
Here are some blends I would recommend .
I would go with the following and you will need to learn how to smoke flakes.
Capstan Blue Flake
Peterson Navy Rolls
Peterson Irish Flake- the nicotine won't bother you.
Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

All of the above are readily available. For an English blend try Two Friends Deacons Downfall.

Reactions: LeviMC

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Boston holds many good memories for me. Hope you love it!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

RevBriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2022
Thumb of Michigan
Hello there,

I started smoking the pipe (spellcheck came in handy) about a month ago in a futile hope to replace cigarettes. I accept now that pipe smoking will serve as a very nice distraction from the sticks, for the time being at least.

In a short period of time, I amassed more tobacco than I know what to do with and the misses is suspicious. I like everything I've tried so far, but the aromatics and anything with Kentucky please the most.

I've read through a lot of interesting posts on the forum and really like the community. Looking forward to hopping in!
Hello and welcome from a fellow Michigander.

LeviMC

Lurker
Jan 18, 2022
Grand Rapids, MI
Do yourself favor and learn how to clean the piss out of your pipe after every bowl. It makes a huge difference. I only use BJ Long Tapered fluffy cleaners 100 per pack, and then BJ Long Bristle cleaners that come 80 to a pack.
Here are some blends I would recommend .
I would go with the following and you will need to learn how to smoke flakes.
Capstan Blue Flake
Peterson Navy Rolls
Peterson Irish Flake- the nicotine won't bother you.
Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

All of the above are readily available. For an English blend try Two Friends Deacons Downfall.
Thank you for the tips and recommendations. I keep forgetting to pickup the fluffy cleaners.

I have a tin of Capstan Blue Flake on the way that I'm excited about, and I'll make sure to try the others you list!

Thanks again for all the welcomes, both from the frozen Mitten and abroad :)

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Hello there,

Hello and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.