PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKinser79

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Central Florida
I have ordered a clay pipe. I do recall how pleasant a clay pipe was from before. Do any of you smoke clay pipes?

Welcome from Central Florida.

I have a clay pipe. I also smoke it on occasion too. I primarily do so when I'm sampling tobaccos though, or at least that was its main purpose, if I find a pipe centered tobacconist in my area it may have that job again. If not I might use it when working on a tobacco review. Would probably give me the ability to more accurately describe a tobacco's flavor I think.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hello all!

I have been lurking for a while and decided to "take the plunge" and join in!

I retired from Pharmacy a few months ago and am just getting used to my new way of life. My daughter and her family have just moved back to Michigan from Ontario so that is a welcome adjustment also. My avatar photo was taken at her home in Canada.

I smoked a pipe 30 years ago but gave it up for various reasons. Now that I am retired it’s an opportunity to start again. I have a Savinelli pipe I purchased 16 years ago and smoked it for the first time yesterday! Very enjoyable. ?

The frequency of my pipe smoking is under negotiation with my better half. She lost both of her parents to lung cancer from cigarettes so I am sympathetic to her concerns. But I figure the purpose of the hobby is enjoyment, right? Quality over quantity.

I have ordered a clay pipe. I do recall how pleasant a clay pipe was from before. Do any of you smoke clay pipes?

You all seem to be a cordial and friendly group, so I am looking forward to getting to know you better. God bless you all!

Bill
@Michigan_Bill I mostly smoke a clay pipe as I like the history you get with them. It was seeing re-enactors smoking clay pipes that got me interested in them!

Michigan_Bill

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2021
Macomb County, Michigan
I mostly smoke the clay, hard to describe why, I suppose because I'm starting out again. Very pleasant, though. The bowl gets hot if I do too much puffing, but generally it seems just a comfortable warm temperature. So I must be learning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.