PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
Welcome from Philadelphia. Is there anywhere we can read your non-fiction? What topics do you write about?
My first book was about applying filmmaking techniques to video game production, but every book since then (six so far) has been for Llewellyn Publishing about urban legends, ghost stories, and haunted places. My books are available at most booksellers--Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. My name is Rich Newman.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Learned about you guys/gals on r/PipeTobacco and looking forward to getting to know you all. Just a bit about myself: I write non-fiction books for a living and have been smoking pipes since I was a teenager in the 90's. Was given a Dr. Grabow Sculptura poker and a tin of Velvet by my grandfather back then and have been going ever since (though, today, I'm partial to old GBD billiards and Balkan blends). Cheers!
Great movie by the way. Oh and I do feel like it is sorta the life action more artistic (not quite the right word, but close enough) remake of the space madness episode of Ren and Stimpy.
Oh and what is it about pipes and writing that goes together so well.

Reactions: filmguerilla

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Learned about you guys/gals on r/PipeTobacco and looking forward to getting to know you all. Just a bit about myself: I write non-fiction books for a living and have been smoking pipes since I was a teenager in the 90's. Was given a Dr. Grabow Sculptura poker and a tin of Velvet by my grandfather back then and have been going ever since (though, today, I'm partial to old GBD billiards and Balkan blends). Cheers!
not that it matters but I would like your screen better with a slight tweak. Gorilla instead of guerilla. I think it's a more fun image is all.

Reactions: filmguerilla

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In a former life I was a "guerilla" style filmmaker (low budget, shooting with little to no gear/props, etc), so I've used the handle "filmguerilla" on quite a few sites.
Yeah that's how I do it, unfortunately that no gear includes no camera :). Oh well, it's quite entertaining in my own head. That said if you were a film gorilla (just imagine a great ape in a directors chair, wearing an ascot, and telling George C. [I don't know how to spell his name] to swing his arms a little more when walking he should look natural). Really though to put it one way which of those would make a better movie?

Sep 17, 2019
A friendly hello from the MN/Canadian border.................it gets so cold here in the winter that in a in a few short months I'll wish I was in Georgia, too!!!!

Pipe Collector 34