PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chickenpicker

Lurker
Feb 21, 2024
Massachusetts
Howdy. I work in Mass. I know you've only been at this a couple month, but have you stumbled on any particularly good tobacco shops you recommend?

Another great shop in MA is Watch City Cigar in Framingham. (Maybe Natick) it’s a great shop. They also have one in Waltham, but I’ve never been to that one, so I can’t speak on it, but the one on Rte. 9 in Framingham has a great selection of pipes and tobacco and Ernie (Mgr.) is a great guy and knowledgeable. Their house Blends are great too, many of the members here (including myself) enjoy them!

Reactions: Zen Piper and Brig

Brig

Lurker
Jun 23, 2024
New England
Another great shop in MA is Watch City Cigar in Framingham. (Maybe Natick) it’s a great shop. They also have one in Waltham, but I’ve never been to that one, so I can’t speak on it, but the one on Rte. 9 in Framingham has a great selection of pipes and tobacco and Ernie (Mgr.) is a great guy and knowledgeable. Their house Blends are great too, many of the members here (including myself) enjoy them!

I'll have to check these out. They're in our assigned region so shouldn't be too much trouble to get out there. That's for the tips!

Zen Piper

Lurker
Jun 22, 2024
Welcome!! I’m also from MA, central MA in Shrewsbury. It’s nice to see another MA pipe smoker.

This is a great site with tons of information and great folks. You’ve come to the right place.
I'm from Westfield, out in the part of MA that most people forget exists. I love living in MA, but I could do without the silly "no flavored tobacco" law

Reactions: Chickenpicker

Zen Piper

Lurker
Jun 22, 2024
Welcome from a fellow Baystater! Look at the blends at Peretti for both info and inspiration. They won't be to sell you any aromatic in the Commonwealth but there are lots of good blends to expand your horizons.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely be checking them out!

Zen Piper

Lurker
Jun 22, 2024
Howdy. I work in Mass. I know you've only been at this a couple month, but have you stumbled on any particularly good tobacco shops you recommend?
I can recommend Connecticut Valley Tobacconist, however they are in Enfield, CT. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any good shops in Western MA as of yet.

Reactions: AreBee and Brig

Zen Piper

Lurker
Jun 22, 2024
Welcome, young man! What pipes do you currently have?
Thank you, I currently have 5 different kinds of corn cobs, a hardwood ozark, (all of which are Missouri Meerschaum brand), I have a La Rocca briar pipe, and just purchased a nice marbled clay pipe since I am a history buff. I plan to purchase another more expensive briar when I get the funds :)

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Thank you, I currently have 5 different kinds of corn cobs, a hardwood ozark, (all of which are Missouri Meerschaum brand), I have a La Rocca briar pipe, and just purchased a nice marbled clay pipe since I am a history buff. I plan to purchase another more expensive briar when I get the funds :)
Sounds like a great start and a great plan to move forward. It's so easy to get caught up in getting more expensive pipes but it sounds like you've got a good plan.