PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. Back in '75, I attended a week training with the then Vets Administration in Carollton, Ga. at the college there when the students were away. This was for a campus based job counseling fellow Vietnam vets on drawing their benefits, not a life career, but a good gig for a few years. I was stationed at NC State in Raleigh. Later I attended a scientific meeting for my work in Atlanta. In the Navy, I had had a shipmate from Rome, Georgia, another radioman at the time, who did a great imitation of the way Yankees talk, fast and with hard consonants.

BobSandifer

Lurker
Jan 30, 2021
Macon Georgia
bobsandifer.com
Welcome aboard from central N.C. Back in '75, I attended a week training with the then Vets Administration in Carollton, Ga. at the college there when the students were away. This was for a campus based job counseling fellow Vietnam vets on drawing their benefits, not a life career, but a good gig for a few years. I was stationed at NC State in Raleigh. Later I attended a scientific meeting for my work in Atlanta. In the Navy, I had had a shipmate from Rome, Georgia, another radioman at the time, who did a great imitation of the way Yankees talk, fast and with hard consonants.
Yankee talk? I still can’t understand it but I hear it is a mixture of Latin and Neanderthal. ? just kidding of course. Ya’ll

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Hello everyone.
im a recent convert from cigars and I wish I had started with a pipe. Very relaxing and an amazing way to break up the day. I look forward to participating in the discussions and learning more about my new passion.

cheers,

Bob
Welcome, Bob! Just joined myself. I think that you will enjoy about the hobby is the myriad of flavor experiences that you will find out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.