PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Thank you, I will certainly be trying this. It sounds good! I’m in CenLa, no real pipe shops here. Hoping to visit one in the Crescent city during our next trip down. Do you have a fave?
Mayan imports is a good one. There’s a location Uptown on Magazine St & one in Metairie. There’s a couple others in Metairie, but I haven’t been to them yet. If you haven’t checked out smokingpipes.com you should. They sell bulk tobacco in ounce increments so you can spend $3-5 bucks on a blend that sounds interesting. Great way to try new stuff & have a variety if there’s no B&M in your area.

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth
Hello and Welcome from Atlanta.

Along with Early Morning Pipe have a look at Ashton's Consummate Gentleman. It is very well rounded light English and a favorite of mine at least.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from Slidell, La.
One of my sons used to live just outside of Alexandria and there was one cigar shop that carried a small selection of pipe tobacco but that was about it.

There is a cigar shop in Lake Charles that had a selection of pipe tobacco and pipes the last time I was in it, but that was about seven years ago.

The Mayan Imports location in Metairie is the one which carries the best selection of pipes and pipe tobacco. It's a short walk from Lakeside Mall. I know some guys who will drop their wives/significant others at the mall for shopping and then walk over to Mayan for a pipe or cigar.