PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mixture No. 79 was somewhat a standing joke for a long time on Forums, but then Embers took the plunge and said he found it quite good, having loved licorice, the flavoring, since he was a kid. I tried it recently and found it a durable blend that packed easily, stayed lit mostly, and smoked down into the bowl well. I was then alerted that it did tend to ghost a pipe, so luckily I had used a MM cob for my sample. I still like it and have a pouch in rotation. Welcome aboard.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome to the forums. I also just started enjoying Ennerdale and Bob's Chocolate Flake along with some St. Bruno Flake.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Thank you for all the kind welcomes. I see a familiar face, I hear Onestrangeone is a pretty stand up guy :)
@mso489 -- thanks for the run down on Mixture 79.
In theory, licorice should be a great flavor, although my memory of good experiences with aros is waning. Putting aside some of the lakeland blends, it's been a long time since I smoked the standard aro. I did bring out some Hobbit's Weed from the cellar. I've got a little left, and my PipeOCD says I need to finish the jar. And I remember Autumn Evening being really good if sipped slowly and retrohaled. Maybe I'll pick up some Mix 79 just to say I tried it :)
Am I "pipe tobacco name dropping"?

Status
Not open for further replies.