PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Salvete Omnes! Only a year into pipe smoking having arrived later in life, yet enjoying the expanse of online content relating to blending, cellaring and collecting. My gateway menagerie to pipes was with tea, coffee, hookah and an occasional cigar. I'm a bit of a polymath (the varietal kind), so naturally upon entry with pipe smoking I wanted to know as much as I could about it from the inside out :rolleyes: ;). I am still at the beginning stages of learning how to smoke a pipe and finding my own rhythm. No favorites on tobacco yet, still sampling.

Mostly I am attracted to the craftsmanship of pipes and tobacco (my dad ran a woodworking business restoring antique furniture, so I would watch him work and ask questions about his process little by little. He would teach me bits here and there). I tried my hand at carving and stained glass, and it was an enjoyable experience even at my amateur level. Some of those woodgrains are really tough to work with though, yet no less beautiful.

I have a few pipes, Peterson Sherlock Holmes, Ropp Honoré de Balzac and little piece with inlay from the Renaissance Faire. Looking forward to the journey of slow experiential discovery, and communing with/learning from other pipe smokers along the way.

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Welcome from Spain.
Hola John! Where in Spain? :) I have only been to Galicia so far. Loved the octopus and potatoes with paprika and olive oil. They have a fresh cheese that is lovely with stone fruit as well. Visiting the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela was magnificent!

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
I am somewhat of a bit of a polymath (the varietal kind) myself, almost.

Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.
Hello varietal polymath! The insatiable curiosity to learn in every direction never ends! lol Sometimes it can be truly exhausting. It has been upsetting seeing Texas endure so much extreme weather and fires lately. How are you guys holding up?

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Welcome to the forum from Frazier Park, an hour and change north of you via I-5. Slow and steady wins the race! 👍
Yes...slow and steady, the ideal observational speed. You are right in the thick of the grapevine, must be nice to have some space from other humans. Even with LA sprawl it still feels a bit congested at times.

Reactions: Servant King