PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2021
England
Welcome from North Carolina!
Hello Tar Wheel, thank you for your words of welcome. If your Avatar is a picture of your house outside, I think it looks great. I live in a flat but at least it's a third floor flat and I can look out my window into the upper parts of enormous plane tree. It's not much like summer here at the moment and the wind is cutting up rough. I must admit I imagine joining you for a pipe or two.Ah well such are the flights of fancy which sometimes have when we sit down to enjoy a good smoke

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello & welcome from Hereford.? London you say? If you find yourself in St. James's there's the London pipe club that should start their meetings up again soon. Great bunch of chaps to have a chat & share a bowl with. Their meeting place is Fox's Tobacconist on St. James St.?

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hello Tar Wheel, thank you for your words of welcome. If your Avatar is a picture of your house outside, I think it looks great. I live in a flat but at least it's a third floor flat and I can look out my window into the upper parts of enormous plane tree. It's not much like summer here at the moment and the wind is cutting up rough. I must admit I imagine joining you for a pipe or two.Ah well such are the flights of fancy which sometimes have when we sit down to enjoy a good smoke
Thank you for the kind words. It is, in fact, one of the walls of my front porch( aka the smoking lounge). If you ever find yourself on this side of the pond and happen to be in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina, you have an open invitation to come by and have that smoke. You most likely will be served iced sweet tea and Krispy Kreme doughnuts as opposed to hot tea and biscuits. Bourbon to follow.?6CAB1599-A72C-4A04-BB56-9718DE5AD052.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
welcome from PA I still have not gotten over the pond to visit London but it seems like an amazing one of a kind place. Heck just the amount of human history buried and hidden there along with those rivers ;) is mind blowing to think about. People have lived there for since long before there was an England.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Hello & welcome from Hereford.? London you say? If you find yourself in St. James's there's the London pipe club that should start their meetings up again soon. Great bunch of chaps to have a chat & share a bowl with. Their meeting place is Fox's Tobacconist on St. James St.?
Hello simong, yes I know that tobacconists, I used to go by there almost everyday pre covid. Regarding the London pipe Club meeting though, I cannot endure second-hand smoke not even my own, I always sit by an open window. Nice to hear from you

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Welcome from Bonnie Scotland ???????
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer View attachment 86305
@Ettrick puffer Where is the statue and who is it of?
Not ready for distance travel yet but thanks for the offer you made if I'm ever in your part of the world:)
Thanks for reassuring me I'd be quite safe as a Redcoat!
How will I be able to make arrangements when the time is right???

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
@Ettrick puffer Where is the statue and who is it of?
Not ready for distance travel yet but thanks for the offer you made if I'm ever in your part of the world:)
Thanks for reassuring me I'd be quite safe as a Redcoat!
How will I be able to make arrangements when the time is right???
It’s William Wallace and it’s situated at Bemersyde which is owned by Field Marshall Earl Haig’s family. Plenty of accommodation in the nearby towns once this Covid gets under control.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It’s William Wallace and it’s situated at Bemersyde which is owned by Field Marshall Earl Haig’s family. Plenty of accommodation in the nearby towns once this Covid gets under control.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
@Ettrick puffer I really like the William Wallace statue!
I like to visit the Wellington Monument on Baslow Edge and have worn the redcoat when I've been there.
I think Carlisle is the best bet for arriving from England but would have to be by bus as the Borders Railway only goes as far as Galashiels at present...
I'd have to make arrangements for meeting to fire the gun and have a few beers and bowls though; it will be 2022 at the earliest...

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Fáilte/G'Day/Bem vindo

From an Irishman who lived in London for 35 years before escaping first to Australia and then again to Brazil!

Status
Not open for further replies.