PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hello from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
Clay pipe smoking Cavalier / Redcoat!
I got into smoking clay pipes through historic re-enactments such as these:
Thinking of spending a weekend with these guys after the pandemic has passed:
See my clay pipe smoking videos here:

Reactions: Dimitri and karibo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from North Carolina, U.S. I love London. I climbed the dome of St. Paul's all the way to the lantern and visited Churchill's war rooms, and rode the London Eye. Much more, of course. I found people relaxed and helpful, quite warm.

Reactions: karibo

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
Welcome to the forums from The Great State of TEXAS, Rockett, TX. I am another novice similar to yourself. I have learned so much on this forum from the long time pipe smokers and am still learning by leaps and bounds. I have a small rotation of pipes also. Mostly some nice Savinellis, I really like my Punto Oro Gold! One of the Savs is a 1992 Collection and a 125 anni with a sterling band, then I have a Paronelli smooth billiard with an Ivory Stem, these 3 I have not smoked yet. The others are some estates that I have picked up in my outings to estate sales around the DFW area. One of them is a space age looking Falcon with a blue bowl and metal twirling stem. Anyway sit back and enjoy and join the many conversations and readings that are available here.

Reactions: karibo

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Be welcome Sir ,And Best greets from Finland
(ps.Since you are visiting Spain often,why not pick up some affordably priced pouches of Amphoras, St Bruno, an a tin of Erinmore flakes ,and see how you would like these lightly scented but satisfying semi'aromatics tobaccies,at least they aren't goopy nor are they too light in nic.

I agree totally Paul especially about the Erinmore Flake its not a nic lightweight.

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
Ex cig smoker here. Don't see them as very similar really. Was still cig smoking when I took up the pipe. But a nicotine thing for me. Really I just needed a vice since I gave up everything else. :LOL: I do sometimes miss the expediency of cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.