PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Highlandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2023
Clynder, Argyll & Bute, G84 0QX
Thought I'd join in! I've smoked pipes for about 15 years, tried a lot of blends, but my favourites are VA/Pers, straight VAs, and the odd English / Balkan. I've dabbled with burleys, but they're not really my cup-of-tea (I'm part way through a tin of HU Director's Cut and I keep persevering!).

As for favourite pipes, I like the classics - English and Danish. I don't have many high-end pieces though.

I started making pipes in 2020 too. If you're interested in any of my work, I post most on Instagram at h_pipes_england.

Cheers!
Aidan H
Welcome from a Northern friend.

Reactions: HPipes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina, and welcome aboard. I've spent some time in London, and Canterbury and the Lake District.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thought I'd join in! I've smoked pipes for about 15 years, tried a lot of blends, but my favourites are VA/Pers, straight VAs, and the odd English / Balkan. I've dabbled with burleys, but they're not really my cup-of-tea (I'm part way through a tin of HU Director's Cut and I keep persevering!).

As for favourite pipes, I like the classics - English and Danish. I don't have many high-end pieces though.

I started making pipes in 2020 too. If you're interested in any of my work, I post most on Instagram at h_pipes_england.

Cheers!
Aidan H
@HPipes Good luck with your pipe making - I only smoke clay pipes though:)
My preference is for Virginia / Cavendish baccy blends; I think these suit the King's clay most admirably.
I went to the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich last month; had a pint and a clay with some of the Regiment before the battle re-enactment!
Did you go to Nottingham pipe show last year? I was the guy with the Redcoat uniform and clay pipe. Didn't see anyone else smoking a clay though...