PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Hello fellow Pipe-smiths,
My name is John Kelly. I am new to the Lancaster, PA area, moved here in April. Originally from upstate New York, Syracuse and Albany. I just retired and moved up north from Florida... to be near the kids and grandkids.
I am very excited to join the Pipes fellowship. You feel so alone in the pipe smoking world these days.
I began smoking my pipe back in the late 70's- frequenting the local Tinder Box. (Syracuse's Fayetteville Mall.). Like a lot of guys, I began smoking aromatics. I am going to guess that they were Lane's. I would guess that Tinder Box sold mostly Lane as their aromatic in those days. ??? I still like a few Aromatics and order some from pipesandcigars.com, Boswells, and Wilke.
I love my VA's, and love Hal o the Wynd and some of Greg's blends. Order C&D, too. I still have some McClelland kicking around, thank God! And have my share of English blends and am always looking for a new blend to put in my pipe!
I had the joy of living in Albany for awhile. So, I visited Scotty Bendett's store when he was just starting out. (And when Russ was just starting out too!). If any guys remember- Scotty began in a small shop in a mall (CAN"T REMEMBER THE NAME???) before he moved to Central Ave in Albany.
Great times and great memories.
I am still learning. I am not a novice, rather experienced. But, I am always learning. If you can't grow... then, it is time to start pushing up Daisys....
I try to keep eclectic with my tobacco and same with my pipes- Savenellis, Tinski, Don Carlos, Peterson, Boswell.
Thanks for letting me join and I am looking forward to being a part of the gang,
Happy puffing,
John Kelly
Interesting, I was just reading a book by a native of my town who moved there in later years - a scientist named Marco Bonfitto - have you heard of him? He passed in 2017 at 93 - he was a genius
Lancaster also makes a great beer I love - a milk stout, Welcome!

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
My name is John Kelly. I am new to the Lancaster, PA area, moved here in April. Originally from upstate New York, Syracuse and Albany. I just retired and moved up north from Florida... to be near the kids and grandkids.
I am very excited to join the Pipes fellowship. You feel so alone in the pipe smoking world these days.
I began smoking my pipe back in the late 70's- frequenting the local Tinder Box. (Syracuse's Fayetteville Mall.). Like a lot of guys, I began smoking aromatics. I am going to guess that they were Lane's. I would guess that Tinder Box sold mostly Lane as their aromatic in those days. ??? I still like a few Aromatics and order some from pipesandcigars.com, Boswells, and Wilke.
I love my VA's, and love Hal o the Wynd and some of Greg's blends. Order C&D, too. I still have some McClelland kicking around, thank God! And have my share of English blends and am always looking for a new blend to put in my pipe!
I had the joy of living in Albany for awhile. So, I visited Scotty Bendett's store when he was just starting out. (And when Russ was just starting out too!). If any guys remember- Scotty began in a small shop in a mall (CAN"T REMEMBER THE NAME???) before he moved to Central Ave in Albany.
I am still learning. I am not a novice, rather experienced. But, I am always learning. If you can't grow... then, it is time to start pushing up Daisys....
I try to keep eclectic with my tobacco and same with my pipes- Savenellis, Tinski, Don Carlos, Peterson, Boswell.
Thanks for letting me join and I am looking forward to being a part of the gang,
Happy puffing,
John Kelly
Welcome from Nashville, Tennessee! You sound like a well rounded pipe smoker! Looking forward to reading more of your future insight here.

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Welcome from Nashville, Tennessee! You sound like a well rounded pipe smoker! Looking forward to reading more of your future insight here.
You are kind, Chippewa! I have a little more time on my hand. So the forum is great. I moved and, right now, there are no puffers around so the water, here, is fine!

Reactions: ChippewaAce

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Interesting, I was just reading a book by a native of my town who moved there in later years - a scientist named Marco Bonfitto - have you heard of him? He passed in 2017 at 93 - he was a genius
Lancaster also makes a great beer I love - a milk stout, Welcome!
No, I hadn’t… I will google him. Where do u get the stout? I have been to two micros so far. They have been “okay”. There are so many now…. U got to look for the good ones…

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
No, I hadn’t… I will google him. Where do u get the stout? I have been to two micros so far. They have been “okay”. There are so many now…. U got to look for the good ones…
not quite a 'micro' but micro enough for me - nice craft

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
Happy puffing,
John Kelly
Hello , I've been to the central Ave smoke shop a few times in the past. Awesome store and a great selection.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.