PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2020
Lancaster, PA
Hey Everyone,

Long time visitor, so I thought I should join. I've been smoking pipes daily for about 5-years. What started this hobby for me was that I wanted to cut back on smoking cigs and relax at night with a pipe instead of cigars or booze. I spent a lot of time on Instagram and Reddit, but I find this forum and BoB more informative and useful.

I am lucky enough that there are two really great tobacco shops near me. I visit Boswell's in Chambersburg (90 minutes away) and the Humidour Shoppe in Cockeysville, MD (an hour away) a lot.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Welcome Dutch Land you may find this forum very informative and friendly as well.
from New York

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Dutch - welcome from West Chester. Did you know the oldest US pipe store is/was Demuth. They had a store front in downtown Lancaster when I last looked a couple of years ago. How far are you from Bethlehem? The Lehigh Valley Pipe Club meets at The Wooden Match and we have members who come in from Lebanon. Or if you are closer to Philly, Morley's PC meets downtown (pre-COVID).

Reactions: anotherbob
Dec 26, 2020
Lancaster, PA
Yo Dutch - welcome from West Chester. Did you know the oldest US pipe store is/was Demuth. They had a store front in downtown Lancaster when I last looked a couple of years ago. How far are you from Bethlehem? The Lehigh Valley Pipe Club meets at The Wooden Match and we have members who come in from Lebanon. Or if you are closer to Philly, Morley's PC meets downtown (pre-COVID).
Hey man,

Yeah, I passed that place a million times throughout the years. Last I knew they turned it into a museum dedicated to Demuth. The only tobacco shop near me is one located at a mall. They carry minimal pipe tobacco stuff. Philly is about 90-120 minutes. Bethlehem is about 90 minutes. I'll have to check them out sometime.

Jan 27, 2020
Yeah, I was actually there today. Are you tied in with Puff N' Stuff downtown? I buy my hooka supplies there. When I worked in the New Holland area, I'd bug the Amish guys for tobacco. But I was using their tobacco to roll cigarettes.

Ha, no! Was just passing through. Do they actually have nasal snuff? How was the Amish tobacco? Are they allowed to smoke?

Dec 26, 2020
Lancaster, PA
Ha, no! Was just passing through. Do they actually have nasal snuff? How was the Amish tobacco? Are they allowed to smoke?
Nasal snuff, no. I get nasal snuff from Europe through family that lives there. The Amish still grow tobacco here. It's mostly the younger guys that chew and smoke. I think in other states like Ohio they aren't supposed to use tobacco products. The tobacco was okay, it was like a harsh cigarillo.

Jan 27, 2020
Nasal snuff, no. I get nasal snuff from Europe through family that lives there. The Amish still grow tobacco here. It's mostly the younger guys that chew and smoke. I think in other states like Ohio they aren't supposed to use tobacco products. The tobacco was okay, it was like a harsh cigarillo.

Ah ok, interesting. I've found some Silver Dollar snuffs (Toque) around Reading at non descript cigarette stores. Anyways, cheers!

PS: I went to Dutch Wonderland as a youth, that was weird.

Reactions: Infantry23
Status
Not open for further replies.