PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PRogers

Lurker
Mar 26, 2024
Lexington KY
www.progerspipes.com
Welcome from the Cradle of Texas.

Which type(s) of pipes do you normally make and are you trying to become an artisan pipe maker/seller?
I’ve been trying a lot of different shapes. My newest one that im working on is a Devil anse type shape. I have toyed with the idea of trying to do it for money. I set up a little website for fun to see what happened and I’ve been doing stuff on instagram some as well. I’d be happy to send you some pictures of some of my stuff if you’d like.

PRogers

Lurker
Mar 26, 2024
Lexington KY
www.progerspipes.com
Welcome from Michigan! Can we some of your work?
Sure thing. Here’s some that I smoke. A few that I recently put on my site and one I’m working on now (the Devil anse). Hopefully they show up alright.

Attachments

• IMG_9074.jpeg
    IMG_9074.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9031.jpeg
    IMG_9031.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8948.jpeg
    IMG_8948.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8794.jpeg
    IMG_8794.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello I’m Preston. I’m excited to be a part of this community finally. I have been reading these threads for a while but for some reason haven’t joined until now. I’ve been smoking a pipe for several years, and I started learning how to make them around two years ago. Making pipes has become something of an obsession for me and trying to get everything right keeps me pretty busy. I have a pretty decent collection that I smoke regularly. Most of the ones I smoke are ones that I’ve made but I do smoke several that I have bought as well. I also have a plethora of estate pipes that I have been wanting to fix up for a while but haven’t got around to yet, unfortunately. But anyway, I look forward to discussing all things pipes and pipe tobacco. My favorite blends are heavy Lat English blends, just fyi. I will work on my profile as soon as I get a chance and I look forward to being part of the group. Thanks
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: PRogers

PRogers

Lurker
Mar 26, 2024
Lexington KY
www.progerspipes.com
You make some great pipes but your mention of having a selling web bends the rules here !
Yeah I was wondering about that. I wasn’t intending to self promote. My main goal is to meet folks with like interests. I was also hoping to be able to talk to people who do sell and get some ideas on how to do pipe shows and stuff if that is something that folks talk about here. But anyway, I apologize. I don’t mean to break the rules on my second day.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
If you're ever in Louisville, the Derby City Pipe Club meets regularly. Weather permitting, we usually meet at Kremers on Saturday mornings for a few hours of casual smoking and bs.

Shoot me a PM if you're ever interested.

Reactions: PRogers

PRogers

Lurker
Mar 26, 2024
Lexington KY
www.progerspipes.com
If you're ever in Louisville, the Derby City Pipe Club meets regularly. Weather permitting, we usually meet at Kremers on Saturday mornings for a few hours of casual smoking and bs.

Shoot me a PM if you're ever interested.
That sounds great! I don’t go out that way much but I may have to make a special trip out in a few weeks or so when I get some extra time. Thank you for the invite and I hope to message you about it as soon as I can.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian