PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. Forums members used to enjoy an air cured burley from Indonesia called Tambolaka that was quite strong but tasty. It may have a different name there, but is probably readily available.

Reactions: voreva
Aug 1, 2012
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. Forums members used to enjoy an air cured burley from Indonesia called Tambolaka that was quite strong but tasty. It may have a different name there, but is probably readily available.
That is exactly what this thread reminded me of. I never got to try Tambolaka, as much as I wanted to. Then like everything it seems, it was gone. I still wish I had a chance to try it.

By the way, welcome OP.

voreva

Lurker
Jun 7, 2020
Jakarta Indonesia

hello again!

i believe Tambolaka tobacco is still available all around indonesian “online market place”
( i can paste the link if its OK by the forum rules)

.. but truly i never try it yet, and yes its Strong as i read reviews about it.

oh, btw Tambolaka actually a name for a region in an island called SUMBA, if you google map it, its just two island after BALI island..

Reactions: anotherbob

bikekr57

Lurker
Jun 25, 2020
Hi everybody and thanx you to allow me joining the forum.
you can call me ‘voreva’ (my online name that become my “nickname” in real life by most of my friends)
i’m 51 yrs old husband from Jakarta Indonesia, with 4 kids.

just start smoking pipe a month now, i quit smoking cigarettes the same day i got my first pipe.

———-

i’ve been a clove cigarettes smokers since i’m 13 yrs old. and also a vaping (e-cigarettes) smoker for around 8 years.
I’m just a simple heavy chain smokers.

i once smokes 3 packs a day: 2 pack of clove cigarettes Sampoerna Dji Sam Soe and 1 pack of marlboro light.

by the early 2000, i enjoy Borkum Riff cherry tobacco, mix it with 1 pack of Dji Sam Soe cigarettes.. roll it and smoke it. i mix with cigarettes to make it easier to hand rolled the tobaccos. its end after a year and back to just a cigs.
—-

ps : sorry if my english is bad
Voreva,

Jangan kwatir dengan bahasa inggris. Ada teman disini yang mengerti bahasa Indonesia.

Bikekr57

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Welcome from New Jersey!

Indonesia is beautiful. I haven’t visited in quite a while but am planning a trip to Komodo next year if travel is allowed by then!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. tobaccopipes.com and 4noggins.com both ship to you I believe. If you choose to order from them let us know as we can make some suggestions on pipe tobacco and pipes. We love spending other peoples money here. :)

voreva

Lurker
Jun 7, 2020
Jakarta Indonesia
Welcome from Florida. tobaccopipes.com and 4noggins.com both ship to you I believe. If you choose to order from them let us know as we can make some suggestions on pipe tobacco and pipes. We love spending other peoples money here. :)
thanx for the info !
until now i get the ‘branded’ tobacco from the indonesian online market, not yet buy any bacco’s via international order cus the shipping is quite made the stuff expensive. but brand like Samuel Gawith & Mac Baren already officially imported & sold here with a legit indonesian tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.