PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Virginia
Shalom from Texas! I just started collecting Israeli pipes. Do you see many of those around, or is it mainly just new stuff from outside the country?

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
Shalom from Texas! I just started collecting Israeli pipes. Do you see many of those around, or is it mainly just new stuff from outside the country?
Unfortunately there is no manufacturing here as far as I know. I have been smoking pipe for the last several months, and just recently ordered an Israeli pipe. As far as I understant there are Shalom pipes, which were sold locally, and Alpha for the US market. Bought mine from a seller on ebay, who has couple of estate Israeli pipes. His nick is uniquomhebraicom. As far as I understand he is located not far from me. If there's anything I can do for you let me know.

Reactions: indoeuro

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Virginia
Unfortunately there is no manufacturing here as far as I know. I have been smoking pipe for the last several months, and just recently ordered an Israeli pipe. As far as I understant there are Shalom pipes, which were sold locally, and Alpha for the US market. Bought mine from a seller on ebay, who has couple of estate Israeli pipes. His nick is uniquomhebraicom. As far as I understand he is located not far from me. If there's anything I can do for you let me know.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Reactions: SmokeRings79

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Greetings!
I was in Israel several years ago, visiting family friends and and our daughter, who was on a gap-year program.
Here I am at Ein Gedi, having just opened my Secret Santa gift:

2v2u8qcgUx3L6Bn.jpg

And a tin of Wallace Flake, unobtainable in the US at the time:

2v2uzG7dMx3L6Bn.jpg

We were there for two weeks, and although I didn't see many other pipe smokers, it was nice to be able to dine at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy a bowl after dinner without being pounced upon by self-appointed public health advocates. A few very kind smiles greeted me wherever I lit up!

Where do you live?

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
Greetings!
I was in Israel several years ago, visiting family friends and and our daughter, who was on a gap-year program.
Here I am at Ein Gedi, having just opened my Secret Santa gift:

2v2u8qcgUx3L6Bn.jpg

And a tin of Wallace Flake, unobtainable in the US at the time:

2v2uzG7dMx3L6Bn.jpg

We were there for two weeks, and although I didn't see many other pipe smokers, it was nice to be able to dine at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy a bowl after dinner without being pounced upon by self-appointed public health advocates. A few very kind smiles greeted me wherever I lit up!

Where do you live?
Great pictures. Really enjoyed reading.

Reactions: woodsroad
Status
Not open for further replies.