PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Welcome. Indonesia has pipe tobaccos that are mysterious and hard to get for us in the west.

There is at least one fantastic carver in Java, a fellow named Wandi Riyadi, who you might already have heard of.

One day, I will visit Bali.

Reactions: OzPiper

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Selamat Datang, Jimz.
I love visiting SE Asia where smoking is not taboo.
I've only been a member for a few months. This is a very welcoming community and most helpful with any queries you may have.

jimz

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Jakarta, Indonesia
Welcome. Indonesia has pipe tobaccos that are mysterious and hard to get for us in the west.

There is at least one fantastic carver in Java, a fellow named Wandi Riyadi, who you might already have heard of.

One day, I will visit Bali.
thanks for the welcome mate ,, yes i have a few carver friends too who at the moment is making a coulple of pipes for me ,,

i will definitely post the pics once i receive them ,, quite excited TBH

Reactions: OzPiper and mingc

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
thanks for the welcome mate ,, yes i have a few carver friends too who at the moment is making a coulple of pipes for me ,,

i will definitely post the pics once i receive them ,, quite excited TBH
Please do post the pictures! Who are the carvers? There's such a fantastic tradition of woodcraft in Java, I look forward to seeing their designs!

Reactions: OzPiper

jimz

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Jakarta, Indonesia
Please do post the pictures! Who are the carvers? There's such a fantastic tradition of woodcraft in Java, I look forward to seeing their designs!
will definately do bro ,,,

1 thing i wanted to get suggestion from all the members here is :
what to do once i get the pipes ?
do i put it in hot water to clean out the debris , as i would want it to be as clean as possible before putting any tobacco in ..

thanks in advance

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
will definately do bro ,,,

1 thing i wanted to get suggestion from all the members here is :
what to do once i get the pipes ?
do i put it in hot water to clean out the debris , as i would want it to be as clean as possible before putting any tobacco in ..

thanks in advance
High end pipes, including those by Riyadi, are polished with carnauba wax. Hot water would wash it off. I'd leave the surface alone. At most, I'd run a pipe cleaner throught the pipe to check for obstructions but that's it. If you'd like, you can wipe the mouthpiece with alcohol to clean it.

jimz

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Jakarta, Indonesia
High end pipes, including those by Riyadi, are polished with carnauba wax. Hot water would wash it off. I'd leave the surface alone. At most, I'd run a pipe cleaner throught the pipe to check for obstructions but that's it. If you'd like, you can wipe the mouthpiece with alcohol to clean it.
will do that bro ,, thanks for the prompt reply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.