PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Past my usual smoking hours at the moment, but tomorrow's a day off for me, and we all know what that means. Will probably do something like Ashton Gold Rush, or Rattray Jocks Mixture.

Enjoy the journey!
Hi! I just revisited Ashton's no. 44 dark flake after 7 years or so of not having any, the recipe has changed. They took perfection and made a mockery of it. Ruined the rest of my year?. It blended by kolhase and kopp or klop, I have 3 K&K blends and I only like the McConnells oriental mix. The rattrays red rappore does smell like it have very nice red VA in it so hopefully 6 months in time out will straighten it's act out.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I do love their vanilla flake. Do you like the vanilla rolls cake better than the flake? Thanks for the suggestion
No problem. I've only had the Vanilla Cream Loose Cut, not the flake. VRC is my favorite aromatic overall, not just of MacBaren. The tin note alone is freaking fantastic. They should bottle that stuff up and sell it as a fragrance. New, from Chanel, it's...pipepourri! :LOL:

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana
W
Hi guys, and allow myself to introduce.. myself.

Just a 40 year old dog looking to have some quality discussions with some fellow briar bandits. Unfortunately no of my irl friends partake in the Fabolous wold of pipe smoking, so I never get any good conversations about it on a day to day basis. Unless I happen to go see my tobacconist.

I've been into pipes for 10 years now love the fact that after hundreds and hundreds of different blends tried I've only just scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to meeting you, seeing your awesome pipes, hearing your tobacco praises and gripes. And discovering new baccys.

What are you smoking on as you read this? I'm smoking some st. Bruno out of a lil wally frank beagle (pot nose warmer)
Welcome to the forums from Indiana!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I am currently smoking some 2012 Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug. I love the Astleys no 44. All of mine is from mostly 2012 and then the rest is from 2013. I love the stuff but I hear the new stuff is not the same. I went deep on this one, somewhere around 150 tins of it.

davem

Might Stick Around
Oct 21, 2018
South Carolina
Hi guys, and allow myself to introduce.. myself.

Just a 40 year old dog looking to have some quality discussions with some fellow briar bandits. Unfortunately no of my irl friends partake in the Fabolous wold of pipe smoking, so I never get any good conversations about it on a day to day basis. Unless I happen to go see my tobacconist.

I've been into pipes for 10 years now love the fact that after hundreds and hundreds of different blends tried I've only just scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to meeting you, seeing your awesome pipes, hearing your tobacco praises and gripes. And discovering new baccys.

What are you smoking on as you read this? I'm smoking some st. Bruno out of a lil wally frank beagle (pot nose warmer)
Hi! I'll probably have Mac Baren Plum Cake in a Stanwell in a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.