PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
Hi guys, and allow myself to introduce.. myself.

Just a 40 year old dog looking to have some quality discussions with some fellow briar bandits. Unfortunately no of my irl friends partake in the Fabolous wold of pipe smoking, so I never get any good conversations about it on a day to day basis. Unless I happen to go see my tobacconist.

I've been into pipes for 10 years now love the fact that after hundreds and hundreds of different blends tried I've only just scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to meeting you, seeing your awesome pipes, hearing your tobacco praises and gripes. And discovering new baccys.

What are you smoking on as you read this? I'm smoking some st. Bruno out of a lil wally frank beagle (pot nose warmer)

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Past my usual smoking hours at the moment, but tomorrow's a day off for me, and we all know what that means. Will probably do something like Ashton Gold Rush, or Rattray Jocks Mixture.

Enjoy the journey!
Hello! I got a tin of Red Rapporee (I murdered that spelling. *Changed it and capitalized proper noun) the other day, and I plan on diving in w the morning black tea. I liked jocks when I had it years ago but forgot what the blend was all about, I've really been craving some Mac b vanilla flake. I'm not an arro guy but love love love it. Gonna order some in the morning since I missed adding my bid on a Wilmer AAA straight grain on ebay. Coulda had it for 85$ delivered to my door. Sigh...

Could you suggest a blend w a pleasant room not (not too sweet) my wife not liking all the Latakia blends I've been smoking as of late.

Cheer's

Last edited by a moderator:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Several of MacBaren's aromatics have lovely room notes. Original Choice is not too sweet. Vanilla Cream is much sweeter. Vanilla Roll Cake is absolutely my favorite aro, hands down. For non-aromatics...I recall my wife commenting on the nice room notes of Capstan Blue and Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake. Sadly, the latter is discontinued.

Hope this helps!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hello! I got a tin of red rapporie (I murdered that spelling) the other day, and I plan on diving in w the morning black tea. I liked jocks when I had it years ago but forgot what the blend was all about, I've really been craving some Mac b vanilla flake. I'm not an arro guy but love love love it. Gonna order some in the morning since I missed adding my bid on a Wilmer AAA straight grain on ebay. Coulda had it for 85$ delivered to my door. Sigh...

Could you suggest a blend w a pleasant room not (not too sweet) my wife not liking all the Latakia blends I've been smoking as of late.

Cheer's
There's so many good aromatics from which to choose.
Butternut Burley is a favourite [4noggins version is the same as Scottys but cheaper]

I'm not usually fond of over-sauced aro's but Vanilla Custard is an exception that's really good when in the mood.
It's a nice addition when added to a straight Virginia or Burley for something different and it's got a delicious room-note.

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
There's so many good aromatics from which to choose.
Butternut Burley is a favourite [4noggins version is the same as Scottys but cheaper]

I'm not usually fond of over-sauced aro's but Vanilla Custard is an exception that's really good when in the mood.
It's a nice addition when added to a straight Virginia or Burley for something different and it's got a delicious room-note.
I may have to tey it. I'm making an order tomorrow and I'm going to get some Peterson's Hyde Park. Id like to find some mild areo that has a good tobacco flavor, good room note (for the ladies) and a good flavor from them topping.
Thanks for the suggestion

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
Several of MacBaren's aromatics have lovely room notes. Original Choice is not too sweet. Vanilla Cream is much sweeter. Vanilla Roll Cake is absolutely my favorite aro, hands down. For non-aromatics...I recall my wife commenting on the nice room notes of Capstan Blue and Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake. Sadly, the latter is discontinued.

Hope this helps!
I do love their vanilla flake. Do you like the vanilla rolls cake better than the flake? Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: Servant King
Status
Not open for further replies.