PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1p3dr3am

May 21, 2019
Chicagoland
jpmcwjr I am in the south burbs. There is a fairly decent tobacco shop near me, although it's mostly aimed at cigars. Any suggestions would be welcome.

winton

Preferred Member
Oct 20, 2010
If you are anywhere near Chicagoland, please join us at the Chicago Pipe Collectors Club. Below is a link to the website with dates and directions and lots of other info.
http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/

p1p3dr3am

May 21, 2019
Chicagoland
jpmcwjr That looks like a great suggestion. Thanks!
winton, I looked up the club based on someone else's suggestion. I didn't see anything about joining on the site. Would I just show up?

chilllucky

Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Yup, Just come to a meeting. Time and location are usually up on the site linked above or the facebook page. Most of the time, it's the third Saturday of the month 8pm at 8 to 8 cigar in Villa Park, but there are exceptions - so check ahead.
If you want to kill two birds with one drive; there is a social smoke for the club at Iwan Ries on 7/27 starting around 2pm.

winton

Preferred Member
Oct 20, 2010
The CPCC has official meetings at 8 to 8. The dues are $10 each meeting, except for December. No dues for first time visitors. Occasionally, there will be pizza provided. Members get a cigar at their birthday month meeting. We range in age from 18+ to 70's or more. Occasionally, a woman or two will join us. Below is a actual conversation a couple years ago:
"Guys, behave tonight. We have a woman with us."
"Don't worry, I work at a prison."
"That's why you look so familiar!"

p1p3dr3am

May 21, 2019
Chicagoland
The CPCC has official meetings at 8 to 8. The dues are $10 each meeting, except for December. No dues for first time visitors. Occasionally, there will be pizza provided. Members get a cigar at their birthday month meeting. We range in age from 18+ to 70's or more. Occasionally, a woman or two will join us. Below is a actual conversation a couple years ago:
"Guys, behave tonight. We have a woman with us."
"Don't worry, I work at a prison."
"That's why you look so familiar!"
That's hilarious!
Thanks winton and chilllucky! I will try to make the next meeting.

p1p3dr3am

May 21, 2019
Chicagoland
I now own a meerschaum pipe, my newest addition to my collection (this makes four pipes). It seems to smoke very differently than my other three briars, especially since it doesn't have a filter. Anything I should know about it? It came with care instructions, so I am not concerned with that. Just wondering if there are any "tricks" to smoking it.

ak200p

Sep 17, 2018
<p>Welcome from another new member from IL, in the northwest Chicago burbs. Seems to be a few Illinois members here

Status
Not open for further replies.