PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Welcome from Arizona. As to a recommendation, well there is always the old standby, Carter Hall.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
You know thinking about it, i would like to withdraw my Carter Hall reccommendation. Its a good blend in my opinion, but looking back to when i first started pipe smoking, i dont think carter hall would have enough nicotene to satisify a cig smoker.

I can actually remember finishing a bowl of tobacco and then lighting up a cig to get the extra nic.

Reactions: bnichols23

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Kentucky is beautiful country. I have a college friend who lived there, copy editing for the Union Leader, for decades, and a family member of mine lived there for several years. Visiting one time, I camped by the Kentucky river and couldn't see across the river in the morning for the fog. I love Mammoth Cave and have done different tours on three occasions.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome from NE FL. My newbie recommendation would be varied based upon what cigarette you smoke and how much/day. I am reluctant to go all in on a burley if you smoked something like a Camel (more of a Turkish taste) or a Dunhill (VA). Also, straight burley, though probably more “American cigarette” tasting , can bite like a mother to somebody coming off cigs and tending to puff hard. Generally I think the drugstore VA/burley mixes are a good starting ground for most cig smokers. Someone recently mentioned the Amphora Pouch Kit that some of our sponsors carry. It has a 5 blend assortment of their very good tobaccos for around $30. It would be a nice way to explore...

Reactions: indoeuro and Elric
Status
Not open for further replies.